Go Woke, Go Broke/Woke Alerts:

In multiple threads we have had libs try to say that Disney wokeness is not hurting the company.

Now, even Disney itself admits to it.

4 Likes

An opinion piece, from a fringe blog, that does not have working links to the SEC report isā€¦ weak.

Here is the link to the sec K-10. If anyone has ever read a K-10ā€¦ there is a section that highlights risks to the business. It doesnā€™t necessarily mean those risks have been realized. Itā€™s a CYA for investors.

https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/1744489/000174448923000216/dis-20230930.htm
ā€œ
We face risks relating to misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment, travel and consumer products, which impact demand for our entertainment offerings and products and the profitability of any of our businesses.

Our businesses create entertainment, travel and consumer products whose success depends substantially on consumer tastes and preferences that change in often unpredictable ways. The success of our businesses depends on our ability to consistently create compelling content, which may be distributed, among other ways, through broadcast, cable, theaters, internet or mobile technology, and used in theme park attractions, hotels and other resort facilities and travel experiences and consumer products. Such distribution must meet the changing preferences of the broad consumer market and respond to competition from an expanding array of choices facilitated by technological developments in the delivery of content. The success of our theme parks, resorts, cruise ships and experiences, as well as our theatrical releases, depends on demand for public or out-of-home entertainment experiences. Demand for certain out-of-home entertainment experiences, such as theater-going to watch movies, has not returned to pre-pandemic levels. In addition, many of our businesses increasingly depend on acceptance of our offerings and products by consumers outside the U.S. The success of our businesses therefore depends on our ability to successfully predict and adapt to changing consumer tastes and preferences outside as well as inside the U.S. Moreover, we must often invest substantial amounts in content production and acquisition, acquisition of sports rights, launch of new sports-related studio programming, theme park attractions, cruise ships or hotels and other facilities or customer facing platforms before we know the extent to which these products will earn consumer acceptance, and these products may be introduced into a significantly different market or economic or social climate from the one we anticipated at the time of the investment decisions. Generally, our revenues and profitability are adversely impacted when our entertainment offerings and products, as well as our methods to make our offerings and products available to consumers, do not achieve sufficient consumer acceptance. Further, consumersā€™ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands. Consumer tastes and preferences impact, among other items, revenue from advertising sales (which are based in part on ratings for the programs in which advertisements air), affiliate fees, subscription fees, theatrical film receipts, the license of rights to other distributors, theme park admissions, hotel room charges and merchandise, food and beverage sales, sales of licensed consumer products or sales of our other consumer products and services.ā€œ

Let not forget this

This is the same statement they have in their K-10s dating back to 2019.

3 Likes

Hows those bastions of Free Speechifyinā€™, Xitter and Truth Social doing?

Go fash lose cash.

3 Likes

Disney admits it. Take it up with Disney.

You need to figure out when itā€™s time to sit down.

Go pester someone else.

2 Likes

That risk statement has been in their K-10 since at least 2019. :rofl:

Iā€™ll repeat:

Disney admits it. Take it up with Disney.

You need to figure out when itā€™s time to sit down.

Go pester someone else.

:rofl:

Itā€™s not new. Iā€™d bet if your opinion blog went further backā€¦ that same general statement would be in their K-10 dating back to even before 2019.

But you thought it was just added. Itā€™s ok though

As I have previously promised you, I will remind you any time you choose to reply to one of my posts: I consider your posts the most contemptible on this board, and I have no patience for any interaction with you other than to remind you of my disgust for your content, and to tell you to go bother someone else. Plenty of others will gladly entertain your garbage. Go pester them.

2 Likes

They literally just replied to your post.

2 Likes

Youā€™re posting on a public board where people are able to reply to your posts. There is an ignore function.

Or I can tell them of my contempt for their posts.

The idiocy you post is not far behind.

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok. You didnā€™t know and got called on it.

No need to rant to someone you donā€™t want to reply to (but continue to reply to).

Have a blessed day

1 Like

Not bad. Pete Griffin original?

Nah I have writers now.

2 Likes

ā€œIger is ā€œoverwhelmed and exhaustedā€ by the series of flops.ā€

Disney lost an estimated $900 million from these releases

https://screenrant.com/disney-ceo-bob-iger-2026-exit-plan-confirmed/

1 Like

But thatā€™s ok because according to some they had been planning this disaster since 2019.
And I question whether Iger is that upset. In 2026 he will retire with a pocket full of cash and leaving a pile of poop behind.

1 Like

The flops are flops. Trying to make it about the culture war and not bad movie making is special though

So much seems to be about your collective dogma.

No they havenā€™t been planning on it. They identified changes in customer sentiment and viewing habits as a risk back in 2019 (perhaps earlier).

They are putting out avg to bad movies now. They need to fix thatā€¦ but their parks business is still printing money. If it was ā€œwokeā€ then why are their parks and merch still doing well?

They need it to be about culture wars because that is all they have left.

2 Likes

My collective dogma is also the collective dogma of millions of parents. I even saw one theater manager reported that parents were asking if ā€œWishā€ were suitable for children. Imagine asking that about a Disney movie ten years ago. They have tainted their brand.
But I agree, many of their old talent are likely being chased off by new management. They are probably beyond recovery now.

Maybe they can fall back on AI.

3 Likes