Go Woke, Go Broke/Woke Alerts:

Well sadly, it was the only way to prove it.

1 Like

This isnā€™t Ghost Adventures.

No, itā€™s one side sticks their heads in the sand and then challenges the other to prove it (but play by their rules).

1 Like

What rules exactly? Iā€™m split on trans bathroom policies for these reasons, the written policy Planet Fitness has is:

ā€œAs the home of the Judgement Free Zone, Planet Fitness is committed to creating an inclusive environment,ā€ a spokesperson for the corporate parent said in a statement.

ā€œOur gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use the gym facilities that best align with their sincere, self-reported gender identity. The member who posted on social media violated our mobile device policy that prohibits taking photos of individuals in the locker room, which resulted in their membership being terminated.ā€

Sincere self-reported gender identity. Member said they are transitioning and now has staff trying to help them in the locker room. That they are shaving is not an ā€œah hah!ā€ picture taking occasion.

insanity

ā€¦ self reportedā€¦

1 Like

If a gym has a policy that allows biological men in womenā€™s spaces then I wouldnā€™t go there.

I say every company needs to be clear. They either separate men and women biologically or they donā€™t.

I donā€™t disagree and it is private sector, but why should 100 women have to find a new gym because of one male?

Was that the rule when they signed up?

1 Like

ā€œNoā€ would be my guess. This stupidity / insanity is being foisted on us.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The only humorous thing about this is who was actually taking pictures in the locker room.

Not sure how much this applies, personally Starbucks was one of the companies Iā€™ve boycotted:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/why-starbucks-has-lost-millions-of-customers/ss-BB1lVwgN?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=29a70716ac014b8ad26f50f4dea5d286&ei=38#image=7

Am I missing something?

I clicked your link - and I got this paragraph, and a bunch of ads:

Starbucks customers have had enough of high prices and painfully slow service - with the coffee chain admitting it has lost tens of millions of visitors this year. It seems that former CEO Howard Schultz - who spent nearly four decades building Starbucks into the worldā€™s biggest coffee chain - has had enough too.

Is that it?

Thatā€™s not it. Itā€™s a slide show. Keep clicking the right arrow for more. whenever I see that come up, I click off the page.

Why did you boycott them? I used to go to them when I worked in a different department. Now that Iā€™ve returned to tolls, I havenā€™t been there since.

Ah.

God I hate the internet sometimes.

A pox on your house for posting that, @Eagle-Keeper.

Some time back someone in their upper management made comments which I found to be part of the woke and racist agenda of the Left. I just recall hearing this and telling myself Iā€™m done with Starbucks.

1 Like

Not a problem. I do the same stuff myself. I was just wondering what it was. Sometimes businesses donā€™t know when to keep their mouths shut. Target is off my list. They might not care, but either do I.

2 Likes

So the Right Wing Rage machine didnā€™t care about the gay kiss on Doctor Who?

I was going to put this in its own thread, but really, itā€™s sort of another case of ā€œGo Woke Go Brokeā€. Itā€™s just not an issue of commerce and consumers voting with their feet. Itā€™s voters voting with their votes.

I also could have put this in the ā€œworst mediaā€ thread, because a lot of the articles out there about this occurrence make it seem like they were voted out because they are women.

GOP voters didnā€™t want their State Senators voting against the abortion ban, and these GOP Senators spearheaded the efforts to stop it. To the people of SC, thatā€™s not what they sent their Senators there for. Defy the voters on such a watershed issue, and they can expect their political fortunes to go broke.

https://www.advocate.com/politics/republican-women-south-carolina-senate

1 Like