Go West Young Man!

Aren’t you?

Nope. Didn’t miss it at all but thanks for playing.

I missed nothing.

I know what you think you mean.

Who do you know that settled Comanche country in the mid 19th century?

Read the question Tommy.

Lincoln was a komma-nyst. It was reported that he was very supportive of Lenin and the October Revolution. I’m pretty sure that’s what we were told, and we are having very brilliant, very prominent historians look very strongly into it.

9/11 was human beings, and there was a chance that storming the cockpit might save the lives of the finite passengers on board the plane, as well as prevent the finite amount of deaths should the plane crash into its intended targets.

The people on flight 93 were heroes, no doubt about it.

Then you compare oranges to your apples.

You don’t think heroism is going on around you right now, with health care workers risking their lives to take care of the deathly ill from coronavirus.

Are the young being wusses? Well…no…a lot of them went on spring break.

But the middle aged? Sheltering in place because they don’t want to kill their elderly parents, since it’s been known since the beginning that it was the elderly that are at most risk.

I’d venture to say a lot of people under the age of 60 aren’t worried about killing themselves with this virus - even though many people under the age of 60 have died.

They’re just afraid of killing their parents or other elderly friends or relatives.

How would you feel, Roxiebelle, if you, young and healthy, infected your parents or elderly friends or relatives with the virus.

Would you feel as if you’d kill them, or would you just shrug and say, “Well, I faced the disease bravely. Too bad my elderly parents are rollling on up to heaven…”

Why is it that you and your ilk think that phrase is clever?

I appreciate your humor

amazing thing is with more and more data coming out that people still cling to talking points which are demonstrably false.

They aren’t false. I know what you’re pretending to say, but you’re not saying it.

Spell out in plain English how taking on the risk of contracting/spreading the virus is analogous to taking on the risk of settling the frontier.

Show how the risk/benefit analysis is the same or similar for both and how by being “too risk averse nowadays”, we are missing out on benefits analogous to the benefits of settling the frontier…or even overstating the risk of allowing the virus vectors to spread some more.

Otherwise you’re just denigrating people for being timid.

And speak plain English…don’t leave stuff out and expect people to “fill in the blanks”.

1 Like

What talking point is demonstrably false? Prove it false, please

You don’t believe the elderly are more at risk of dying than the young?

You don’t believe someone young can catch the virus and then give it to an elderly relative or friend?

By liking or disliking this post, please vote for whether or not you believe the following data from the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Tracker website.

It says 1,014,568 Americans have confirmed cases of the cornoavirus.

Spain is the next closest with 236,899, so we are a little less than 5 times higher in cases than them.

Only 7 counrties have more than 100,000 cases, the rest are very low, relatively speaking.

Total deaths in the US so far: 58,471.

Of those about 20,000 are in New York, with 17,682 of those in New York City.

1 Like

It’s part of the lib circle joke.

Based on the numbers above, if you believe them, was the shelter in place, social distancing etc. totallly unneccessary.

Or is the lockdown that’s been in effect for the last two months or so actually prevented the 100,000 death toll that it was speculated might happen.

I do not think you understand what I mam saying at all.

SO our ancestors braved high mortality rates in leaving their native countries.

They were known as rugged individuals culturally.

They clamored to fight the huns.

They settled the west at great risk to themselves and their families.

Culturally we are worlds apart.

that is a pretty simple notion.

if you want to delve into the reasons for the change that is another topic.

the reported rate of infection and the reported casualties for a start

reading is fun, I am sure you know all the content but read it anyway

Whose land?

1 Like