Go West Young Man!

The latest meme floating in the right wing blog/social media sphere is that social distancing is for wusses.

You need to be a tough little cog and get back into your place in the machine RIGHT NOW.

They took it from Lipans, Caddos, Kickapoo, Pawnee, etc. Seems fair.

Don’t go there. I like it.

Ah, so it’s “if you’re not dying of smallpox or cholera at 35, do you even macho, bro?” Priceless.

1 Like

You mean the Transcontinental Railroad that was completely subsidized by the federal government, and the land around it that was given away free to people?

There was Star Trek TNG episode where people had to commit ritual suicide when they turned 65, I think.

Maybe we could do that.

But seriously, the whole “be a man” thing is hysterical to me.

There are risks worth taking.

Taking a risk to be a cog in a machine is a stupid risk. It certainly doesn’t prove you’re a man.

1 Like

So? No one could live in Five Points tenements in New York from the same era. We’re talking about an age where the average lifespan was forty, half of your children would die before they turned sixteen and pandemics swept the country on a regular basis. Also most people pooped in buckets.

I’m as pointlessly macho as the next CrossFit meathead-not sarcasm-and I don’t really feature causing old people to die as being all that manly.

Somewhere people got the code of chivalry confused with acting like an ■■■■■■■■ It’s confusing.

So what? :woman_shrugging:t2: I might just use it again if I want to, don’t like it use your ignore option or roll up into a ball and whine a like snowflake, you’re choice.

Gangs of New York is a movie. You don’t know any of those people and you didn’t read the question.

1 Like

You both completely missed the point. But hey! Happy wife, happy life!

I mean I called Lincoln the first progressive president, did you read the OP?

it is amazing you can be on the edge of the Grand Canyon and miss the hole.

we are talking about a culture of risk takers. but you apparently cannot relate

Yeah good thing there isn’t a world famous book that documented life in the Lower East Side tenements in both pictures and prose and has been in print consistently for more than a century. And that’s certainly not just the tip of the iceberg in terms of primary sources.

Go read the question again. Slow down. Sound out the words.

“How many people do you know…”

You don’t live in the 5 Points in 1865, Tommy.

I didn’t, what little point you actually had besides getting super worked up thinking about cowboys.

Referential statements. Never a good sign.

Not my point Tommy. You’re drifting.

You are trying to “answer” a question you don’t understand. Who do you know living in the five points in 1865?