Go fund me for the wall?

Pt Barnum was right.

Allan

1 Like

I am starting a gofundme for a higher wall with sharks and lasersā€¦ standby for the linkā€¦

3 Likes

$2.8 million right nowā€¦ This is fascinatingā€¦

1 Like

This is a surprise? Those that sponsor the CEC have been fleecing the rubes for years.

1 Like

The cost of the wall is projected at around $25 Billion, not $5 Billion. That would be about 137 years to fund the wall.

.>>>>

1 Like

suckers
10CECfleecings

Now, nowā€¦ They are planning to return every penny if they donā€™t reach their goalā€¦ or come close to their goalā€¦ or somethingā€¦

Please donā€™t give your money to this.

My goshā€¦what a waste.

How embarrassing.

500,000 in an hour.

Now up to 3.3 million.

Allan

Check out the facebook pageā€¦ Gofundthewall

ā€¢ How will we get the funds to the right place? We have contacted the Trump Administration to secure a point of contact where all funds will go upon completion. When get this information secured we will update. We have many very high level contacts already helping.

LOLā€¦ I am sure there are lots of ā€œhigh level contactsā€ in the administration who will be happy to accept these fundsā€¦

ā€¢ Republican Representative Steven Palazzo of Mississippi is introducing legislation to direct the Treasury Department to issue government savings bonds which would allow us to fund the wall this method. This is just one option, there are others on the table being discussed.

Ummmā€¦ nevermindā€¦

_ā€¢ 100% of your donations will go to the Trump Wall. _

ā€¢ We are working with a law firm on a legal document that will bind the government to using the funds for the border wall itself, nothing else.

That ā€œlegal documentā€ is called appropriation legislationā€¦ Kind like the one they are trying to pass right nowā€¦

_ā€¢ We will hold all funds and not release a single penny until we have all legal aspects covered to ensure our money goes only to the wall. _

ā€¢ If we donā€™t reach our goal or come significantly close we will refund every single penny. We are working on a time frame to achieve.

Maybe they should set up a foundationā€¦ I hear Trump has time to start another oneā€¦

The idea is fine. It needs to be worked out with the administration first to see if it can be legally earmarked to that project and that it is under the control of the administration or at least some established trust organizationā€¦at least before they see any of my money.

It canā€™t be earmarkedā€¦ GoFundMe makes the funds available almost immediately to the fundraiserā€¦

What a sweet touch that the Senators were singing Christmas carols while waiting to vote on the CR.

Merry Christmas!! :gift::christmas_tree: :santa:

1 Like

I donā€™t believe @DougBH was talking about GoFundMe ā€œearmarkingā€ how the funds are spent, I believe he was talking about a legal requirement placed on the government by accepting the money that once the funds are turned over to the government that the government could only use the money to ā€œbuild the wallā€.

(Personally I donā€™t agree with ā€œthe wallā€ and think that we can have a greater impact on illegal aliens in this country by removing their ability to work (by going after employers), giving employers the ability to propertly screen employees (enhanced E-verify), removing access to social services (welfare, public schools, etc.), and ending birthright citizenship for those in the country illegally.)
.>>>>>

People have long complained about the government taking ā€œourā€ money. Now some of these same people have zero problem giving the government more.

Wait, wait. ā€œConservativesā€ complain about Democrats wanting to tax people more to give more to the government. Sounds like these godundme fools are in favor of this.

You are correct about what I meant. And yes, there are other things at least as important but some of which will never happen.

I assume you copied and pasted the words as they were written. If so, the grammatical errors and disruption in sentence structure makes it read almost as if an ESL person wrote it. This may be the next Nigerian Prince scam. And look who is being targeted. Lol

Go back and read what I said. I never claimed I would cough up a penny until it was verified.

Thatā€™s only because we conservatives are very bad people. Bad as bad can be. :japanese_goblin: