GM Slashing Nearly 15,000 Jobs; Close Up to 5 Factories

Eh I’d say mostly Chrysler. Ford’s classic truck line were some of the best trucks money could buy from 1964 till 1996. The Windsor family engines were fantastic and the Mod motors aren’t bad either.

But even Chrysler has had its standout stars. Despite its awful beginnings in 2003 the modern Hemi has really evolved into a fantastic V8 powerplant. It’s just sad that it took Chrysler so long to make that engine reliable.

I’m a GM fan but I will say that their interiors were just awful up until the last five years. They literally fell to pieces.

Not all of them.

I drove my sister’s Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack yesterday. That 6.4 Hemi is quite nice. It was a bit too quiet but it was seriously fast for such a large car. And I didn’t even lay into it hard.

My car is #1. :slight_smile:

The President is an idiot.

Idle threats. More bully tactics.

He’s not dealing with a drywall contractor.

2 Likes

Mine is #2 and Lexus only won by one complaint.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he’ll-cut-gm’s-subsidies-he-can’t-do-it-without-congress/ar-BBQac9N?ocid=spartanntp

We are the champions, my friends
And we’ll keep on fighting
'Till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world

1 Like

Big Government v Free Market? Yep.

Oops!

“Donald Trump campaigned for president on a promise to Michigan auto workers that “If I’m elected, you won’t lose one plant, you’ll have plants coming into this country, you’re going to have jobs again, you won’t lose one plant, I promise you that.”

Barely two years later, on the Monday after Thanksgiving, General Motors announced that it was closing major auto plants in Michigan, as well as Ohio and Maryland. Thousands of jobs are being cut, and the future for many of the remaining plants suddenly seems very insecure.

Trump, the candidate who claimed in 2016 that his Democratic rival “hasn’t got a clue” about how to maintain American manufacturing, is now exposed as the president who really hasn’t got a clue about keeping plants open and keeping workers on the job.

https://www.thenation.com/article/gm-plant-close-ohio-michigan-trump/

#1) I don’t support either party & I totally despise Donald(Pumpkin Head) Trump.
First the restructuring has been in the works since GM discontinued Pontiac in 2002, second the jobs cut are white collar jobs, hourly workers have options such as relocation. Let’s look at the 2017 total compensation for some corporate employees. CEO Mary Barra $21,905,256/ President Daniel Ammann $9,258,318/ EVP Karl Neumann $6,761,243/ EVP Mark Reuss $7,672,118/ EVP Charles Stevens $7,046,925/ EVP Alen Butey $5,658,527. I’m taking a shot in the dark, but I’m thinking the powers that be don’t want to change they’re life style. This only a few, research it and you’ll find a whole list of seven and eight figure top dogs at GM.

This is going to turn out just fine.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067791101782831104
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1067792610180456448

I know it has already been posted, but it needs to be reposted as many times as Right Wingers reposted the “You can keep your doctor” Obama lie.

So here it is again.

Candidate Donald J Trump in Michigan: "If I’m elected, you won’t lose one plant, you’ll have plants coming into this country , you’re going to have jobs again, you won’t lose one plant. I promise you. I promise you."

What was that again?

"…I promise you, I promise you."

1 Like

Sort of like his promising Mexico would pay for the “great big beautiful wall” only now he wants to have a Trump Tantrum and shut down the Federal Government because…Because he can’t get Congress to vote to have AMERICANS pay for his wall.

Seriously, all you Trumpies still supporting that lying man-child, just how freaking gullible are you?

Good Lord, how can that be real?

Oh, and he just let people know there was a 25% tax on incoming trucks.

Surprise!

Bought our first Japanese car this year.

Yes.

Why is the small government republican president threatening them?