Global warming is real

Thread would be interested in military threat planning to infrastructure and global insecurity due to cooling. It’s only gotten hotter since 2015 so it makes sense for the military to be planning for glaciation, sea level drop, reduced wildfire threats, etc.

5 years is a flash in time on the geological timescale.

The pentagon plans for every possible contingency. The short term direction in 2015 from the administration was to focus on warming and how it could affect the future as a priority.

So they are not seriously concerned about not existing cooling versus observed warning that shows no sign of abating.

How much have we warmed in the last hundred years? The last 300?

We haven’t even reached the highs of the last two prior warming cycles.

Noted lack of report where the military considers cooling something they are actively concerned about.

That wasn’t the directive they were given in 2015, warming was.

They game every contingency constantly though and develop plans for a response.

Now how about answering the temperature question?

How much have we warmed in the last 100 and 300 years?

Right. Gaming sea level drop. Not buying into the delusion.

It’s not a delusion. They develop contingencies for every possible scenario they can imagine, it’s their job.

Sea level dropping isn’t going to pose a threat, shortened growing seasons and global food shortages will be.

That leads to widespread famine, disease, and war.

It’s their job to worried about base flooding, the permafrost melting out, fires encroaching on installations. Like dealing with actual present day stuff that is getting worse like predicted long ago.

It’s delusion to be nutted up about cooling and how that’s the REAL problem. It’s not because it doesn’t exist. Hence the delusion in going in about it like it’s something real

Climate change due to warming is real and accelerating. Who believes this? Certainly the scientists that predicted and and monitor it. The military recognizes it. Industry and finance. Governments of the world. Etc. Who doesn’t? Internet randos forr the most part essentially.

Your histrionics aside it is simply a fact that they constantly game for every possible scenario and develpe contingency plans.

The administration directive was to prioritize warming.

Now once again how much have we warmed over the last hundred years? The last 300 years?

Typically graduate programs require you take some number of graduate level math classes. I know mine did.

It’s been a while (35 years or so) since I was immersed in the literature (as opposed to the internet). My recollection was that the overall Cenozoic cooling hit a tipping point, at which time the Milankovitch cycles resulting in more exaggerated temperature swings, with continental glaciations beginning around 500,000 years ago.

If we are still in an overall cooling trend, I would expect the temperature swings to be more dramatic and overall cooling to continue . . . until when? If global warming is a result of increased carbon dioxide and methane, there may be an atypical warming moment, that will dissipate sometime (1,000 years?) after the the depletion of fossil fuels and related combustion. Then we return to the the non-human induced pattern.

PS: I cut my teeth on Richard Foster Flint’s “Glacial and Pleistocene Geology.” The frontispiece was an iconic photograph of Mt. Huntington taken by Bradford Washburn.

Yup, seasonal weather is now proof of man-made climate change; weather is now attributed as climate change.

In fact, any increase in global temperatures from 1850 to the present is just more proof of man-made-global-warming-climate-change. The climate temps were supposed to freeze in time at around 1850, and never deviate.

2 Likes

Yes after 1850! We can’t just go around considering that the Little Ice Age ended right around then. :wink:

Funny how temps might increase after a little ice-age. We should still be living in the LIA if not for fossil fuels and cattle and dairy farmers

1 Like

Yes, they have increased.

In that case, thank God for global warming! Please burn some extra carbon to stay warm tonight. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah we could use a little more global “warming” ourself.

1 Like

So what math did you learn as a graduate student that you didn’t learn as an under graduate?