Global warming is real

The Military tries to plan for every contingency.

Yet they come to Alaska and train extensively every winter.

Sea levels do not change rapidly enough to be of concern militarily.

I took Applied Numerical Methods.

I will also add that although I didn’t take a specific class in it, as part of my research I did learn about fractional derivatives and a heck of a lot more on statistics beyond the required standard sophomore level Stats class.

Logical consistency.

Well that explains it. I took applied numerical methods as a Senior.

There is no contradiction there. Sea level does not change fast enough to be a contingency.

Cool! It isn’t required for engineers.

It was for me. My degree is in Civil Engineering. Numerical Methods was a curriculum course.

Yet the DoD says otherwise.

I wish someone with the skills would put together a piece on what life would be like today if we returned to the climatic and weather patterns of the pre industrial era.

Even a map way say overlays of peak highs and lows, snowfall, rainfall, number of days with snowcover and showing the elevation differentials of temperatures and snow cover would be eye opening.

Then overlay that with a map showing where food is now grown.

There’s a reason the human population expands dramatically during warm periods and contracts even more dramatically during extended cold periods.

1 Like

According to temperature fabrications that can’t possibly be accurate enough to show a .5 degree temperature difference.

The study was done to see what possible mitigating strategies such as constructing sea walls around low lying bases and for planning future base construction IF seas continued to rise.

That would be handy for reference. I don’t need to convince anyone here though, I already see the math on it. Probability is extremely high that temps start lowering again over the centuries.

We’re the lucky ones, bitching about how lucky we are. lol

I don’t mean it necessarily for argument, but to get those not already consumed with an agenda to think for themselves.

Those of us who aren’t and have even a basic understanding of the world and a little education know this already but for many people they have to be in a situation where “what if it were me” is applied. Also many people are acutely visual learners rather than intellectual learners.

1 Like

Ok. ME where it wasn’t.

Global warming is also indicated by:

All of these completely independent analyses of widely varied aspects of the climate system lead to the same conclusion: the Earth is undergoing a rapid and substantial warming trend.

Let’s take those one at a time shall we?

When was the first satellite launched that monitors global temps?

Yes, different methods are applicable to varying ranges of time.

Try answering the question.

When was the first satellite launched that monitors global temps?