Global Citizen Festival — the future of America is on TV now

I am always tickled by posters who think they know everything.

1 Like

Reminds me of the hippie music festival on that one South Park episode: idiots thinkingattending a music festival is doing something works as satire because idiots really do think things like that.

Just because some people learn to use their brains much earlier that doesn’t mean that they’ve no heart.

Its a saying its not fact. Many people in my circle of friends and acquaintances (were in our late 40s) are moving more to the left on social issues.

One great example is how we are all becoming more environmentally conscious. Sure its on a small scale but several years ago none of us really gave a crap.

I suspect most people as they get older probably take a more nuanced approach to issues and it becomes harder to pin point them ideologically.

I was in my teens during the Vietnam era. It was a very socially active time. (I participated in the moratorium at my j.c.) I think for a while (a decade or so) things were quiet. I think that has all changed thanks to guns – and probably the corruption of Trump. One thing about then – the phrase “paranoia strikes deep” from the Buffalo Springfield song was real. It doesn’t get bandied about much today, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the Trump admin. is closely watching its enemies.

Not necessarily. Rockers as big as Queen don’t always ask permission for what they do. It’s certainly possible they did, but the moment was funny nonetheless.

My mother introduced me to Queen and I was a fan ever since. They don’t really make them like that anymore the whole band was a machine together.

IMO “The Show Must Go On” was their magnum opus.

Mercury was so sick at the time from the progression of AIDS that Brian May believed that it wasn’t possible for Mercury to hit the last high notes of the song as it was written and mentioned it to him. Freddie stated that he wanted to sing it as is and blew everyone away with the recording.

The dude was something special. I don’t think we will ever see a male vocalist who is so gifted and so intelligent ever again.

I was introduced to Queen when I was about 10 or 11. I used to stay up late after my grandparents went to bed and watched the VH1 classic music videos they rolled all night.

I was raised in a super southern Methodist household so the only music I ever got to listen to in the car (Or around the house when they actually played their old tapes on the house audio) was gospel music, which I still have a great appreciation for even though I’m not that religious. I didn’t get into rock and metal music into my later childhood thanks to VH1.

If they showed something that was the real Freddie Murcury . . . not an imposter, they would have KNOWN he would drop the f bomb as he’s been dead and it would have been previously recorded. Or at least SOMEONE knew what was going to happen.

Not sure what kind of response that is. They featured film of Mercury in two songs. The fans loved them both.

So in the film of Mercury he dropped the F bomb right?

As I said, yes.