Get An Abortion Or Die God Said So

So this pastor after getting a parishioner pregnant told her God said get an abortion or die.

She is suing him for support and he denied the affair for which she provided proof it was a 3 year affair and a DNA test confirmed the child was his. So his story changed to she seduced me.

One day a preacher stood before the congregation to denounce a nasty rumor that he was some big wig in the KKK.

“It’s a vile and unfounded lie! I want the person responsible for spreading it to stand up and admit their error!”

After a few minutes of dead silence a stunningly beautiful blonde stood up.

“Miss Haines? You?” the shocked minister blurted out.

“No, Jim,” she started, “I didn’t say you were in the KKK but I may have told some of my gal pals that you’re a wizard in the sheets…”

Moral: be sure that your sins will find you out.

I realize organized religion is becoming less influential in our part of the world, but given the constant drip of corruption and hypocrisy from leadership it’s honestly shocking it’s even as popular as it is.

3 Likes

Which organization does this charlatan belong to? Near as I can tell he’s out on his own and an organization would be an improvement.

There have always been religious leaders who were corrupt, who have led people astray, who have abused their position, etc. Throughout recorded history, essentially. Certainly so in the Old and New Testaments.

It’s not a function of religion itself. It’s a human condition.

We are warned about wolves in sheep’s clothing. Likewise, “… but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea…”

Satan wants nothing more than for those who are supposed to be the ideal to fall, hopefully to drag others down with them.

Bigger than the isolated Toronto example linked above is the scandal resurrecting in the Catholic Church. There, it’s not so much about an ongoing sexual scandal – since the original one in 2002 broke, internal changes have essentially weeded out the ongoing offenders – but that the power-people within Church hierarchy have covered for each other regarding the coverups that allowed for so many years of ongoing abuse before the 2002 scandal broke. Bishops and Seminary Rectors and others in authority who had hundreds of cases under their watch did not act to stop the perpetrators. And some (the number yet to be determined) of these leaders just covered for each other. While it’s true that many of them have since died, some are still in power, some even since promoted.

This isn’t the first time in history that the Catholic Church (or any church) has brought scandal upon itself. And it won’t be the last. The gates of the netherworld will not prevail.

These things don’t change what the Church teaches. It doesn’t make sin any less of a sin, and it doesn’t make virtue any less of a virtue.

1 Like

Considering the large percentage of the human population that are gullible morons.

“Prophet” Martin Kofi Danso should continue to do quite well, regardless of un-Biblically he “sows his seed.” :smile:

Scientology continues to do well, as do the endless parade of “Prosperity Preachers.”

Scientology gets fed wannabe actors all the time. People have talked about being sent to “acting classes” that turned out to be Scientology recruiting places.

So it’s the fault of organized religion? I don’t think so.

It’s ironic that with all this ACA free birth control, a number of sexually active women, including this congregant, don’t take advantage of even one method.

There are so many, as both the “Pastor” & his congregant, who need not love, tolerance, feminism or diversity initiatives, but for Dr. Laura to shout at them HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE AND STILL BE ABLE TO CHEW YOUR FOOD?!

1 Like

Why it it “un Biblically”? The original definition of adultery had nothing at all to do with married men enjoying other wonen—but married women enjoying men other than their husbands.

A man enjoying other women can have many children, a woman enjoying other men can have one child of disputed or unknown paternity.

are you insinuating that it isn’t sinful for married men to enjoy other women?

Not even close. Adultery even with the concubine and multiple wives still existed and was a death penalty offense.

But further to that Christian’s are told to have one wife and do not defile the marriage bed.

Per Biblical standards—no. Monogamy is relatively new, about 1,000 years old.

I’m a supporter of Islamic polygamy, provided it’s as prescribed in the Qu’ran & each wife is treated equitably, which, unfortunately, often isn’t the case & one or more wives live in poverty while a husband plays favorites.

I think in the west, where it won’t be permissible to have multiple wives, a man with a mistress & his mistress both should be practicing birth control.

If having multiple wives—that is, if I’m reading you correctly—was sinful, why did the early patriarchs, as in Jacob with both Rachel & Leah, have more than one?

I think where this “Pastor” is getting into hypocrisy is where he claims God told the mother to get rid of the child who is a product of that relationship.

Who predated Christians?

Child support is the gift that keeps on giving. And determined by the ability of the payor to pony up the funds.

1 Like

Sad part of that is, with some recipients, the child sees little of it & mom or dad use it to pay attorneys to discredit fhe other parent, or support their own lifestyle choices.

It does not matter if that person claims to be Christian.

And as Jesus said in Matthew 19: 4 Have you not read that the one who created them from the beginning made them male and female 5 and said: ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and will stick to his wife, and the two will be one flesh’?

One man one woman was God’s original order.

You are not the husband of one woman.

I accept Shariah, where Allah in his wisdom allows man up to four wives, provided he can treat them equitably. I do not accept “one man, one woman” EXCEPT WHEN A MAN KNOWS HE CANNOT TREAT THEM EQUITABLY, as is also stated in the Qu’ran.

Get with you later d. Gotta go now.