Germany's economy fared worse than the US economy, but Trump-hating journalists are mangling numbers to convince you otherwise

Germany:

Germany’s economic output made a historic decline in the second quarter of 2020.
It dropped by 10.1% compared to the previous quarter and by 11.7% compared to the same quarter from 2019, the Federal Statistical Office Destatis said on Wednesday.

France:

French GDP dropped at the fastest rate in history, contracting 14% in the second quarter - the latest European economy to reveal its pandemic pain.

Italy:

Coronavirus effect: Italy’s GDP shrinks 12.4% in Q2

Spain:

Spain plunged into recession in the second quarter after its gross domestic product tumbled by 18.5% due to the coronavirus pandemic, official figures showed today.

USA:

Second-quarter GDP plunged by worst-ever 32.9% amid virus-induced shutdown

In summary, for Q2 you have GDP reductions of:
USA: 32.9%
Spain:18.5%
France:14%
Italy:12.4%
Germany:10.1%

I swear, trumpsters truly live in an alternate reality :joy::joy::joy:

Your take on this, @Hawk92?

1 Like

None of those countries are the size of the US are they lib? /sarc

Cases has not skyrocketed nor spiked in the ny/nj area.

We still have 1.0% and 1.5% positivity rates

Just like before the protests.

Meanwhile Florida and Texas are over 10%

So you are wrong.

Allan
Allan

1 Like

LOL… been answered many many times. That you won’t accept the answer is your problem.

Don’t worry, NJ’s cases are starting to increase now, NY’s will follow shortly. The partial COVID immunity these areas enjoyed due to being hit earlier is about run out. Now, if you can keep morons out of the street, you may not get a huge spike, just the one that can be expected.

You can keep on repeating your talking point but repeating it ad infinium doesn’t make it true.

No spike

Allan (facts over opinions)

1 Like

average number of cases have been increasing since Jul 22nd

The question to ask is why there was no spike correlating to floyd protest. The reason is very simple. Because the floyd protests correlated with a time in NJ when immunity would have been at its highest. Can you think of any other reason a large crowd of people chanting, singing and yelling with either no mask or improperly worn masks who are not social distancing would not spread the virus? Give it a shot.

It couldn’t be any plainer.

In the areas hit hardest, where one would expect a higher degree of immunity… no spike.

In the areas that were not hit, where one would expect very low immunity… spike.

Covid Anti bodies last about 8 weeks, all that immunity is about gone now and cases will once again start to rise. In NJ, its started. The rise is small. manageable, expected. Keep the idiots out of the street and you may avoid a large spike. Get back in the street and you’ll make Miami Dade look like a run of stomach flu in summer camp.

At least your admitting, begrudgingly that there was no spike in new cases in the NJ/NY area.

But you came up with some lame excuse.

New Jersey/New York will not spike. My own county Morris has had no spike and has decreased despite Floyd protests.

So your excuse of no spike falls on deaf ears.

Allan

1 Like

find one place anywhere where I ever stated that there was a spike in NY, or for that matter any NE city that had had a run with COVID already. Go ahead, look for it.

Keep denying reality, I don’t care. You can believe all you wish that thousands of unmasked and improperly masked people not socially distancing, yelling, chanting and singing, did not spread covid because… well, you don’t have a reason do you?

At least I’m able to explain my opinions. That would be because I develop them myself instead of waiting to be told what they are.

Everyone wore a mask at BLM Dover, New Jersey protest on July 3.

I was there.

It’s now a month later and my county is at 18 per 100,000 new case rate.

How can that be?

Allan

A pond and an ocean. Which one is micro and which is macro?

LOL, everyone did not wear a mask.

libs and their myths, its incredible. You can be there and still not see it.

enough people probably wore masks to keep things down. Would you like to see the clips from Jun 13? Definately not the same. so how is it the Jun 13 rally did not spread COVID?

[quote=“Hawk92, post:3, topic:233739”]
Kinda of ironic this covid has being hitting hard on the democrat states more.[/quote]
Wrong. Out of the top ten states with confirmed cases four have Republican Governors.
And all four are in pretty bad shape.

Do you ever watch either of those networks? The numbers that they post come directly from the WHO, CDC and state health departments.

Where was this? The vast majority of people are wearing masks and social distancing. The rioters and perhaps beach goers seem to be the biggest groups that haven’t been safe and most beaches have been shut down by now… Anything specific beyond that or is this just a TDS driven automatic accusation?

The rapidly cratering age of new cases shows the problem is young people who by their very nature think they are invulnerable and naturally reject authority are to blame, not the governors.

Here in Austin we have sixth street and all of their bars. And Abbott opened up the bars with a condition of social distancing. And yet we had enough of a spike where he had to shut them down. That wasn’t the kids fault.

So people cannot make adult decisions on their own? The governor must dictate and personally supervise their behavior?

Since when?

Governors are responsible for the safety of their people. Right?
And there have been Governors that have opened businesses against the advisement of health officials.
And when that happens, there are people who trust that the government is making decisions in their best interest. And in some states, that has not been the case. You can’t tell me that in all cases the Governors have listened to the advice of the health officials. And so far those Governors in many cases have been proven wrong. It really is not about people making adult decisions on their own. A whole bunch of adults are making wrong decisions and placing innocent people in harms way.

Governors cannot dictate people’s decisions.

How many new infections were directly traced to bars?

The bar owners and patrons are responsible for social distancing and masks, the governor cannot enforce those rules and he sure can’t play nanny and show up ion all of them.

So if Abbott was right about his decision to open up bars and restaurants, why did he reverse his decision?
He admitted that he went too fast.
End of story.
And there was a spike. The lack of a good contact tracing system at the time could not tie the infections with the bars and restaurants. But there was a significant enough spike for Abbott to reverse his directive and comment on it.

1 Like

The age of those getting infected is increasing, just like we said it would. The young people going to the bars get it then infect their parents, older co-workers, etc.

Statewide, about 2.4 million people have been tested. The median age of new cases ticked slightly upward Friday, hitting 40. A few weeks ago the median age of new cases was in the low 30s.