Germany's economy fared worse than the US economy, but Trump-hating journalists are mangling numbers to convince you otherwise

The media is still trying to convince its readers that Europe and Germany are doing far better then America dispute the data, yet the numbers arent looking good in Western Europe.

Every time when there is a bit of negative economic data they always try to painted as surprisingly positive development. Because if more data comes out and its in the negative it would be for the gov.

Look at CNN Praise’s Germany Jobless supposed data while claims doom and gloom for America.

# Germany’s economy fared worse than the US economy, but Trump-hating journalists are mangling numbers to convince you otherwise

The economy in Italy is doing far worse as well. The most hit by the covid had being France, Spain and Italy as well problary Greece.

So why is CNN claiming that somehow an Joe Biden presidency would had handled the economy better? because his a liberal? all these countries that are economically hit are liberal led to.

Joe Biden’s new green deal is not a solution. It seems Joe Biden’s plans for the economy arent any different from Hillary.

2 Likes

First of all, you are citing a OP-ED from a very conservative journalist. So I will have to investigate his numbers and the numbers he cites as bogus.
However it is no secret that many countries in the EU were hit so hard that they did do massive shutdowns. And it is obvious that the path they chose flattened their curve. And by doing that they have been able to turn back on their economies at a pretty steady rate. One main reason is that those countries have a central health ministry and so the central government controlled what happened in the entire country. And yes, they suffered economic setbacks. But they are getting back to normal much quickly then we are. I expect that their negative GDP numbers will bounce back much faster then ours.
The Republican Governors that tried to open up businesses too soon are paying the price. Like I said, I think that there needs to be a bit more fact checking on this article.

5 Likes

First of all, you are citing a OP-ED from a very conservative journalist

The Republican Governors that tried to open up businesses too soon are paying the price. Like I said, I think that there needs to be a bit more fact checking on this article.

I am sure the leftists states like New York and Calif must be doing so lovely right? lets ignore where the 100k deaths and those number of deaths came mostly from New York. New York was hit the hardest and if you havent noticed the covid cases hasnt hit the Republican states heavily look at Alaska. Kinda of ironic this covid has being hitting hard on the democrat states more.

And CNN/MSNBC is very liberal and you think their sources are somehow better?
Not anytime soon. Cases are spiking again in Italy already and there talks of re closing down again another shut down wont be good at all for the Italian ecomoncy.

But they are getting back to normal much quickly then we are. I expect that their negative GDP numbers will bounce back much faster then ours.

Alaska? Could Alaska’s figures be in part as a consequence of Canada’s COVID-19 pandemic?

1 Like

Cases are not spiking in Italy

2 Likes

Because they stopped testing. Italy’s gov haven’t tested millions, millions of its Citizens.

If their cases are spiking it is not yet reflected in an increase in deaths. We can check back in a couple of weeks.

I am on the front line of our economy, deep in the trenches and I just had the most profitable month in my history. Not only was it the most profitable, the last 3 months will line up 2, 3 and 1. Keep in mind, this spans over decades. The stimulus stimulated…so there is that.

Now…carry on with your senseless bitching but Biden is going to lose big time. :sunglasses:

I’m sure the 11% unemployed feel a whole lot better after hearing about your personal fortunes. Nothing like an anecdote to erase objective measures of a poor economy and make a person struggling feel better. :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Germany exports commercial, industrial and household machinery, including most famously automobiles. It has a healthy resource sector, and a world-renowned educational apparatus. It has a robust public health system. It has mechanisms which prevent predation on family-held farms, shops, licenses, etc.

It had the resilience built in, across multiple sectors. It could both endure contraction to its exports and manage severe mobility restrictions, even after aborbing millions of war and famine refugees.

1 Like

I wish the US would be on the same trajectory but idiotic R governors thought virus was a hoax.

And if they stopped selling pregnancy tests there would be less pregnancies.

What I do…helps everybody…period. I’m sorry if this isn’t your area and you’re unable to understand that but…it’s a fact.

Been waiting to say that??

Should’ve waited longer.

1 Like

This is a microeconomic result. The thread is discussing macroeconomic results

2 Likes

When a rock is dropped into the economic pond, the positive ripple goes in all directions.

But when a meteorite falls into the same pond, a -9% GDP can result

10 Likes

Even with the odds you believe that are stacked against me, I’ll continue to give my country my very best efforts and I am having a positive impact.

Oh, don’t get me wrong - I’m glad for anyone who can manage to do well in an economy like this. I’m just looking at the bigger picture of the national economy.

I am also and it inspires me to work harder and smarter. This positive impact is true with the many families I work with…the local community…on a state level…and on a national one too.