Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate

In this particular case, no. I was speaking in general.

Why is being denied a chance at a government role any harder to prove than any other case? Especially if it is blatant.

If I am denied a job at Google, but I suspect it was because I am black. How do I go about proving that? If it is blatant, sure. But how often is that the case.

I can only speculate about discrimination at that point.

1 Like

I’m offended that I’m only getting a profile view of her…

You said this:

In the case of this story, racism controlled a black mans ability to be fairly considered for a government role. One of the most blatant, and hard to prove, version of racism still alive today (in certain regions more than others)

I’m trying to understand.

We are talking about government, not the private sector.

So I’m lost here.

You Apply at Google. They get 100 applications for the spot. You don’t get it, so you assume it’s because your black?

That’s an powerful thing for racists. They can come up with virtually any excuse for not hiring black people if they don’t wanna hire black people and no one can do anything about it unless they slip up and say something.

So what? How do you know they are racists unless they tell you.

That’s a mighty fine strawman there, Snow.

Well, we can use statistics, which is how it’s done now, but I can guarantee I know where this conversation is headed…

1 Like

Same here. It cuts to the chase of sad reality

Not really. He spiced it up a bit with “100” and “assume”, but it’s close to what was said.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: you mean quotas? Yeah, nothing racist about that.

No it wasn’t even close to what he said

Snow is implying that the poster was automatically assuming, absent any other information, that he didn’t get hired because of race.

That isn’t what the poster said at all.

That was a rather large reading into the words “suspect it was because I’m black”.

It actually revealed more of Snow’s base assumptions…and yours.

It’s still hard to prove unless it blatant.

That is my point.

I didn’t say quotas.

I said “statistics”.

That’s twice now there in less than ten posts…

No I don’t assume anything. I was just an example of how hard it is to prove racial discrimination when you apply to a job.

It is very close to what was said.

What statistics?

Why would you “suspect”?