Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate

The klan preached this type of Christianity

I’ve been in the South all my life. I will repeat. I have never heard anyone try to make the case that racial prejudice is based on Christian scripture.

1 Like

Right!
They still do.

They may have. I’m just saying that I have never heard it and I think anyone teaching that is a blasphemous jackass.

2 Likes

Jamerican,
When have you ever met and talked to a Klansman?

What do you think part of slavery was about? What do you think happened after the Hayes/Tilden Compromise along with the rise of the KKK was about? All of that was based on a twisted manipulation of biblical scripture. You being from the south where this is more prevalent, I find that very hard to believe. But okay, I’ll take your word for it.

See what you trying to do here. Dumb question and it does not deserve an answer. Next!

There are a lot of things that Christian scripture does not teach that conservatives line up behind anyway.

I understand what you are saying.

When Richard and Mildred Loving were arrested for daring to get married, Judge Leon Bazile said this.

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix

1 Like

He’s not quoting scripture. Scripture says nothing about continents or races.
“Almighty God” is the only scriptural phrase I see there.

Abraham Lincoln said worse than that. He said he feared that slavery would cause the “mongrelization” of the races.

Most of them justify their views with the “unequally yoked” phrase. Which is stupid because that particular verse had nothing to do with race but then again modern racists aren’t the sharpest tools in the shed.

I’ve dealt with my fair share of racism. When you are biracial and mostly date white women you’re going to see it once in a while.

Now… let’s not get bogged down in the weeds and end up with a “No True Christian” argument.

It is an undeniable fact that religious conviction… whether rooted in your scriptural interpretation or not… has been used to justify banning any sort of race mixing and the oppression of minority races.

1 Like

Hilarious, given this OP is about the goings on in a town of 2,000 people. But yes, there are racists all over the place, just not that many of them. Which you know, is how this story got out, because the non-racists who overheard it, reported it.

And you’re going to see it from both sides.

Typically people just give you weird looks or mutter under their breath.

They’re not as open about it now as they were in your time. That’s progress in my book but its still annoying.

It’s not just whites, either. I’ve gotten weird looks from black women for holding hands with my fiancé, who is white, in public before.

In my personal experience it’s white men and black women who have the biggest problem with black/biracial men dating white women.

And the vast majority of either don’t care.

I find it odd that liberals are trying to make the case that race mixing is un-Christian.
Think that if you want, but it is not true. You cannot show me one New Testament passage that condemns race mixing.

True. Most people don’t care.

But there are still enough for it to be annoying.

They’re idiots so I don’t give them much thought.

Not many people have, and when they have, it was 2 or 3 people in their life, tops. This stuff isn’t as common as libs seeking out hyperbole online. I remember the first time I heard such nonsense when I was 12. It was laughable then too.