Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate

Please do me a favor.

If we are going to have a discussion, please do so in good faith without the need to slander a political, ethical, or moral position that one may hold.

Thank you in advance.

What I am saying has no bearing on what you yourself may understand to be scripture… so I am not impugning your beliefs. It is undeniable though that religiousity has been used… whether supported by scripture or not… to justify all sorts of horrible opinions.

This sounds about white…for Georgia.

1 Like

How do you know? Tell me about your personal experiences with racism.

By what measure?

Lets be honest here, you don’t want to hear about my experiences with racism. :wink:

Oh due tell

And I am sure you don’t really want to hear mine. But your 2 or 3 times claim is bogus for this black guy. Even using my anecdotal evidence… I’ve experienced some varying degree of racism over 10 times. From having skin heads yell “ you ■■■■■■■ N word” as they drive by in their 1980s Toyota Truck (hilarious in its own right). To being profiled at a clothing store or the little microagressions at various places of work.

Experiencing racism and letting it control your life are 2 very different things.

In the case of this story, racism controlled a black mans ability to be fairly considered for a government role. One of the most blatant, and hard to prove, version of racism still alive today (in certain regions more than others)

3 Likes

10 times? I passed that in one year of high school alone.

Sigh…here we go with the, “who face the most racism”, contest.

I hope some of you know that we see you and what you post here and there.

1 Like

It’s always helpful for me in discussions to remind people that most experts think Jesus looked something like this:

_87264971_jesus_bbc

1 Like

Racism isn’t a one way street, deal with it.

I’ve lived in California the majority of my adult life. What I have experienced is mostly there. Particularly Central Valley.

I wasn’t alive to experience Jim Crow.

I’m not addressing “many horrible opinions”. That’s too broadbrush to even try to address.
I am saying that despite living in the South and being in an interracial marriage for 48 years, I have never once been told that such a marriage was unChristian. I have been told that it was unwise because our children would face discrimination. In the old days I was told it would affect my career with the large corporation I worked for. I was told many things but never that the Bible taught against it. If I had been, I would say so. If that thinking had been rampant, you can bet I would have heard of it.

Of course you responded. LOL!

That’s what people do on a discussion board.

racists gonna be racist … True colors always shine through

Wait, he wasn’t a white dude with blonde hair living in the Middle East?:wink:

I agree, He probably did look like that. That conceptualization has been around for over 10 years.

Is it less racist because the town is small?

Stay tune for the next thread started by right wingers who are complaining about what doesn’t
get reported.:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Correct, you are nobody to me and I could care less about your life experience or the tribulations you’ve undergone over the years. I’m am also uninterested in conducting a fake personal interview with you lib-types every time I express a sentiment you don’t agree with (SOP for the leftists here).

I’m also honest enough to lead off with that instead of pretending. :wink:

Yes they do on all boards, this one and others. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: