Georgia, it's time for Perdue and Loeffler to go

Republicans are starting to eat their own. The republican Secretary of State in GA has run a very transparent election, with individual precincts double and triple checking everything. Despite this, both Loeffler and Perdue have turned on him, casting doubt on the election process. Both will be in a runoff situation in January. I, for one, will be casting a vote for their respective opponents. I urge fellow Georgians to consider doing the same. Their statements are below, with a link to the WSB reports on the matter.

Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler are calling for Georgia’s Secretary of State to resign.

“The management of Georgia elections has become an embarrassment for our state. Georgians are outraged, and rightly so. We have been clear from the beginning: every legal vote cast should be counted. Any illegal vote must not. And there must be transparency and uniformity in the counting process,” a statement said.

“There have been too many failures in Georgia elections this year and the most recent election has shined a national light on the problems. While blame certainly lies elsewhere as well, the buck ultimately stops with the Secretary of State. The mismanagement and lack of transparency from the Secretary of State is unacceptable. Honest elections are paramount to the foundation of our democracy. The Secretary of State has failed to deliver honest and transparent elections. He has failed the people of Georgia, and he should step down immediately,” the statement continued.

Link to story:

1 Like

They’re basically telling Georgia voters their votes don’t count.

1 Like

Basically. And a lot of those who voted for Stacey Abrams in 2018 still feel like they got cheated - I suspect they’re going to be out in full force for the runoff. And Stacey Abrams will likely be the one leading the charge.

They brought as much evidence as a Trump tweet for why he should resign. It’s really pathetic.

I was really impressed with GA’s transparency. They have new machines that now provide a paper backup of each ballot, so there is no question. During the counting, they have allowed media presence to film when allowed under law. There were multiple observers visible during each time when media personnel were present.

Oh please. This isn’t about whether Georgia elections were run well or not. This is whether Biden and his allies on the left get complete control of the country or are going to be forced to compromise by having a Senate controlled by the opposition.
This is about packing the Supreme Court, for one.

1 Like

No, I’d rather they stay to put a check on the White House. Gridlock isn’t necessarily bad.

2 Likes

Initially, that was my position as well. This behavior from them has me worried though.

Their call for the SOS to step down is even really troubling.

Their opinion (they have no authority over it) that the Secretary of State of Georgia (another Republican) step down takes precedence over blocking the Democrats from Packing the Supreme Court?

Sure.

Calling for the Secretary of State to resign must mean they have some pretty compelling evidence of fraud.

It’s all going to be who turns out more in Georgia.

Abrams barely lost to Kemp, even after Kemp blatantly cheated by abusing his office as Secretary of State.

I’d put the odds at 45% the Dems can do it.

1 Like

Why have that runoff rule ? Seems dumb.

Once upon a time or two, there were more than two viable candidates running for office. It would be a bit awkward to have a candidate win an election with 26% of the vote.

Why not, it’s done elsewhere in the world all the time as most countries have way more viable parties competing.

You should hear how some libs react when someone wins the electoral college according to the rules in the Constitution. :wink:

4 Likes

Is not having a runoff superior to having a runoff? Why would it be good for a small faction, say that 26%, to control the office even though they don’t represent the will of many?
At one time, in the South, that would likely have resulted in offices filled with KKK members.

1 Like

Didn’t the DNC have KKK members in their ranks until they grew to be so old they couldn’t stay alive anymore? Byrd comes to mind. :thinking:

2 Likes

It would just be helpful if they did the same thing the other states do and we didn’t have to wait till January.

IMO, better to wait a couple of months and have Georgia represented by people who represent the majority. But that is just m opinion. Its really up to the people who live in Georgia.

Why not do what everyone else does ? Have the primary where nominee of the party is decided and a general election between each party’s nominee :man_shrugging: