Georgia Governor Overrides Any Local Mask Orders

Under what was state law, Mayors could issue laws making masks mandatory in public places. Savannah and Atlanta were the first two cities to do so. Others followed and it grew to 15 municipalities In fact today the Governor was wearing a mask at the Atlanta airport to welcome the president on his visit there. And that was in keeping with the law because the city of Atlanta run the airport.
Today I heard the head of the CDC say that if we had a nation wide mask and social distancing requirement we would flatten the virus curve in about two months. And to me that would mean that we might have a better shot at opening up businesses and schools. .

Haven’t you heard? Wearing a mask will lead to FEMA camps.

3 Likes

Governor Kemp wears a mask.
Governor Kemp strongly recommends wearing a mask.
Wearing a mask will stop the spread of COVID.

Compulsion? No, fining or jailing people won’t stop the spread.

Why must good ideas be compulsory?

2 Likes

Because there are a whole bunch of people out in the real world that will not do things to make themselves and others more safe. Seat belts is one example. We have lowered the auto death and injury rate by mandating their use. Data is showing that masks and social distancing is working to lower the curve. Like I said, I bet the majority of folks that want businesses and schools back open. And how many of them are not helping that happen by not wearing a mask and social distancing?

5 Likes

sounds like Georgia is jealous of Florida.

7 Likes

What was encouraging was that the Governor of Alabama today put a mandatory mask law in place.
And one reporter was saying that perhaps the two states next door (Georgia and Florida) would get the message. Guess not.

1 Like

The border has been closed till the end of August.

Hold my beer

2 Likes

download (13)

1 Like

There is a drag boat named “Hold My Beer And Watch This”. I always thought that it was such a good name for a boat. I had a houseboat a few years ago and named it, “The Wet Spot”. The name on the back of the boat got a few laughs.

2 Likes

[quote=“GrandWazoo, post:4, topic:233072”]data
is showing that masks and social distancing is working to lower the curve.
[/quote]

BS. The data is BS. BS in, BS out. The data is being doctored to support a political agenda. Test that show negative are often not reported at all. The same person testing positive on different days is being recorded as a new case every day. Deaths with Corona virus or after close contact with a positive testing person are being reported as COVID19 deaths. The CDC is politicised and is massaging data to support a political agenda

3 Likes

You mean like education.

Parents are compelled to educate their children.

Allan

1 Like

If…you are going to be with in a 6 foot radius of people indoors, a mask is appropriate as a courtesy to others. If I’m not within that 6 foot radius, don’t attempt to mandate a mask.

Self policing doesn’t work with the masses.

Allan

1 Like

Then I won’t live among the masses and like it that way.

It’s great for you.

Not for the unwashed masses.

Allan

Then move. That’s what freedom and liberty is all about.

1 Like

This is almost evil.

2 Likes

Why should I move when some slob decides to go maskLess near me.

I tell them to mask up.

Allan

1 Like

What if they tell you to mind your business?

2 Likes