George Zimmerman just can't control himself evidently

Actually, the jury found no such thing. The jury found him not guilty, no more, no less. They made no factual finding of self defense or any other factual finding. In fact, some of the jurors later indicated to the press that they believed him to be guilty, but felt the State simply had not met its burden of a proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

It is correct to say that the jury found him not guilty. It is not correct to attribute anything else officially to the jury, as they made no such findings.

2 Likes

They found him not guilty even though he admitted killing Martin, the plea of self defense was therefore upheld.

They found him not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

Like it or not that means they upheld the claim of self defense by default.

Agreed. Martin should have ceased the beat down at the point Zimmerman began begging for his life.

Whe he didnā€™t, he gave Zimmerman a lawful use of deadly force in his own defense.

No they did not.

George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you canā€™t get away from God. And at the end of the day, heā€™s going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with." She said that as the jury began deliberations, she wanted to convict Zimmerman of second-degree murder, and she held to her position that Zimmerman should be found guilty even after all the other jurors had decided to find him not guilty.[223] However, she said that after nine hours of deliberations, she realized that there was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman under Florida law: ā€œAs the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you canā€™t say heā€™s guiltyā€¦you canā€™t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty.ā€

ā€œBy defaultā€.

You folks are going to have to get over it one day.

By the way, they established at trial that Zimmerman killed him intentionally. He admitted to it in his statements to the detectives at the scene, at the PD, during the walk throughs, again and again.

He absolutely admitted to it.

Well, thatā€™s inconvenient for him.

Actully, if anyone helped push public opinion, it was Obama weighing in on this case by saying that if had a son, he would look like Trayvon.

The ā€œpublicā€ didnā€™t come back with a verdict of not guilty. A jury did.

True, that and the NBP and similar groups basically putting a price on his head and call for his lynching.

BTW, to help those who still canā€™t grasp reality I finally dug up the jury instructions for the Zimmerman Trial.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/07/daniel-zimmerman/zimmerman-jury-instructions-is-the-fix-in/

In Florida ā€œSelf Defenseā€ is an ā€œAffirmative Defenceā€ and as such his claim of SD was upheld with his acquittal.

I didnā€™t say you did in the case of Zimmerman. I said that in the case of Amazon, you DO declare wrongdoing even though there probably isnā€™t anything legal going on, but you refuse to in this case because ā€œhe followed the law and was found not guilty.ā€

1 Like

What precisely did I say about Amazon? Quote it.

Here

And using the same logic Zimmerman was found not-guilty due to lack of evidence but he was still in the wrong

1 Like

vaard asked this.

ā€œis bezos doing anything illegal?ā€

You replied with this:

Your implication is quite clear. Just because what Amazon is doing is illegal doesnā€™t mean it is also wrong.

Yet you justify Zimmermanā€™s actions because he was found innocent and followed the law.

Now go ahead and try to squirm out of it.

And I meant to say ā€œJust because what Amazon is doing is legalā€ (not illegal-edit function is still down).

Do people who say all of these bad things about Travon Martin have any love in your hearts for him?

Do people who say all of these bad things about George Zimmerman have any love in their hearts for him.

Do we all have love in our hearts and just not know how to express it?

Are people in the media too abstract to us to have any real feelings at all?

I include myself in these questions.

Iā€™m just pondering this morning how beautiful life could be if we all loved one another.

I know itā€™s hard in the daily grind to remember we are all humans inhabiting the same planet. Each of us will leave this planet when our lives are over and none of our differences will matter any longer.

Every day is a new day and a new chance to become loving people who can love a person even though we think they were in the wrong.

I can only do my part and I donā€™t know if I will be successful. I know I have failed in he past.

No. I have no love for those who stalk and murder children.

There was no such implication, Vaard was reacting to the prior posts so I asked him.

I donā€™t ā€œjustify Zimmermanā€™s actions because he was found innocentā€ I called this case from the start, he acted in lawful self defense.

Once the police said the evidence supported his version of the story and the witnesses to the beating came forward it was over.

My personal opinion of Zimmerman as a man or a person are irrelevant, he acted in lawful self defense.

Iā€™ve said repeatedly he did a lot of things wrong that night and never should have put himself in that position to start with but thatā€™s irrelevant. We all have an inherent and legal right to self defense and he acted on it lawfully.

I invented it? Try google.

Millions act in self defense every day. Sometimes itā€™s lawful, sometimes itā€™s not. Iā€™m speaking of ā€œLawfulā€ self defense, rather than ā€œunlawful self defenseā€.

I did and it found nowhere as a legal definition. Self defense is either justified or it is not but the qualifier ā€œlawfulā€ was never uttered in this case nor is it ever. That qualifier is something you are adding to make the incident sound more innocuous than it was

1 Like