George Zimmerman just can't control himself evidently

Actully, if anyone helped push public opinion, it was Obama weighing in on this case by saying that if had a son, he would look like Trayvon.

The “public” didn’t come back with a verdict of not guilty. A jury did.

True, that and the NBP and similar groups basically putting a price on his head and call for his lynching.

BTW, to help those who still can’t grasp reality I finally dug up the jury instructions for the Zimmerman Trial.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/07/daniel-zimmerman/zimmerman-jury-instructions-is-the-fix-in/

In Florida “Self Defense” is an “Affirmative Defence” and as such his claim of SD was upheld with his acquittal.

I didn’t say you did in the case of Zimmerman. I said that in the case of Amazon, you DO declare wrongdoing even though there probably isn’t anything legal going on, but you refuse to in this case because “he followed the law and was found not guilty.”

1 Like

What precisely did I say about Amazon? Quote it.

Here

And using the same logic Zimmerman was found not-guilty due to lack of evidence but he was still in the wrong

1 Like

vaard asked this.

“is bezos doing anything illegal?”

You replied with this:

Your implication is quite clear. Just because what Amazon is doing is illegal doesn’t mean it is also wrong.

Yet you justify Zimmerman’s actions because he was found innocent and followed the law.

Now go ahead and try to squirm out of it.

And I meant to say “Just because what Amazon is doing is legal” (not illegal-edit function is still down).

Do people who say all of these bad things about Travon Martin have any love in your hearts for him?

Do people who say all of these bad things about George Zimmerman have any love in their hearts for him.

Do we all have love in our hearts and just not know how to express it?

Are people in the media too abstract to us to have any real feelings at all?

I include myself in these questions.

I’m just pondering this morning how beautiful life could be if we all loved one another.

I know it’s hard in the daily grind to remember we are all humans inhabiting the same planet. Each of us will leave this planet when our lives are over and none of our differences will matter any longer.

Every day is a new day and a new chance to become loving people who can love a person even though we think they were in the wrong.

I can only do my part and I don’t know if I will be successful. I know I have failed in he past.

No. I have no love for those who stalk and murder children.

There was no such implication, Vaard was reacting to the prior posts so I asked him.

I don’t “justify Zimmerman’s actions because he was found innocent” I called this case from the start, he acted in lawful self defense.

Once the police said the evidence supported his version of the story and the witnesses to the beating came forward it was over.

My personal opinion of Zimmerman as a man or a person are irrelevant, he acted in lawful self defense.

I’ve said repeatedly he did a lot of things wrong that night and never should have put himself in that position to start with but that’s irrelevant. We all have an inherent and legal right to self defense and he acted on it lawfully.

I invented it? Try google.

Millions act in self defense every day. Sometimes it’s lawful, sometimes it’s not. I’m speaking of “Lawful” self defense, rather than “unlawful self defense”.

I did and it found nowhere as a legal definition. Self defense is either justified or it is not but the qualifier “lawful” was never uttered in this case nor is it ever. That qualifier is something you are adding to make the incident sound more innocuous than it was

1 Like

“Legal Definitions”? I said nothing about legal definitions, it’s a concept. There is both lawful and unlawful self defense.

A lot of people have gone to jail who thought they were acting lawfully in their defense and found out otherwise.

There have been lots of people who claimed self defense and at trial were proven to have acted unlawfully.

The “legal term” when by a technicality it is determined someone’s acting in self defense was unlawful is “imperfect self defense”.

"George Zimmerman got away with murder, but you can’t get away from God. And at the end of the day, he’s going to have a lot of questions and answers he has to deal with." - Juror B29

I don’t care. How did she vote?

She voted not-guilty because there wasn’t enough evidence and not because she thought it was a lawful shooting.

As the law was read to me, if you have no proof that he killed him intentionally, you can’t say he’s guilty…you can’t put the man in jail even though in our hearts we felt he was guilty." -Juror B29

And that’s ridiculous.

He admitted he killed Martin and claimed self defense.

He admitted he intentionally drew his weapon and fired it to stop Martin’s attack.

If anything she doesn’t like the law or doesn’t like Zimmerman but the fact is her vote upheld is claim of self defense by finding him not guilty.

Before you claim otherwise see the link above and read the jury instructions.

OK thanks.

You have absolutely no way of knowing what she was thinking other than what she said about feeling he was guilty but didn’t have the needed evidence against him. Fortunately for the dreg of humanity he killed the evidence that could of done him in