GDP Prediction for 2019Q2

I want a strong economy. Unfortunately we’re due for a recession. Not a GOP or Dem thing, we’re just in record territory of growth.

The problem is we’re spending like crazy on the country’s credit card and Trump is pushing for rate cuts. At full employment. With what we’re told is the “best economy ever.” So when the next recession inevitably comes, we’re going to be out of tools to fix it.

1 Like

That how all liars and con artists operate

I really really wish I could find that FoxNews interview with Trump where he stated the best way to get our workers thrifty and competitive again would be to tank the economy because then they’d be so grateful for whatever jobs they could get they wouldn’t even think of asking for extra benefits. Seems to have been expunged from the Internet.

At the time I thought he was just joking around in his Trump way.

I didn’t realize he was outlining a blueprint.

On the other hand, if you raise rates the deficit goes up

I was closer than you were. I guessed 1.9%.

I remember the Cons saying something similar when the minimum wage was on the news during the hey day of OWS. Basically that Americans make more than others in the world, so poor Americans should be thankful and stop complaining about being in poverty.

It’s disgusting the disdain the right has for the poor and lower class Americans.

Tax cuts for the rich and corporations will do that too.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to yet, but can’t wait to dig in to all the latest data. Pretty interesting report.

I just point out that the current occupant or the WH is unsuited for the office and hope enough people will be able to recognize that in 2020. It does not forebode well that they don’t recognize this now.

The president said 2.1% is pretty good. So that’s the new 3%. Which was the new 4%. Which was the new 5%.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1154763413358370816

2 Likes

Notice it was the fault of the Fed. Reserve. Never does he accept anything not putting him in a glowing light. Always a victim.

4 Likes

He is the king of Snowflakes

3 Likes

The very heavy anchor of a 2.5% fed funds rate! Lol, this guy.

Based on this report, it’d be ridiculous for the fed to cut rates.

2 Likes

Memories:

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/141256304068014080

That .1% makes all the difference.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/263329165997113344

Funny. In two and a half years Trump hasn’t had a 4% gdp growth quarter. Obama had two at +4% and two +5%.

3 Likes

Hows things going in your neck of the woods?

Couple that I’ve talked to, one over the phone and another through email said things look pretty stable, plenty of work, companies are looking for apprentices etc.

That’s in NE Ohio.

So little better then expected?

It’s fair to say it was quite a bit higher than expected. Keys areas were consumer spending and government spending. Key drags were imports and change in private inventories.

I bet some libs think someone like Stalin is only suited for office…so what’s your point again?

An interesting piece of information: corporate operating profits have been flat for the last 5 years. On the other hand, the S&P500 has gained 50% over that period. Wut.

So the trade conflict is having impact, not much but little. Which is to be expected.