GDP Prediction for 2019Q2

Don’t engage.

Its trolling garbage posting and doesn’t do anything for this thread except to derail it.

@adroit

The St Louis prediction, do you have any sense why its an anomaly?
I’d suspect the GDP will fall in the 2.1% category. Higher than expected, but nothing to knock anyone’s socks off.

1.6 growth atlanta got it right this out.

Allan

1 Like

I wonder the same thing. All I can think of is their model is based way more on consumer spending than the others.

1 Like

Lol funny stuff right here.

I’ll go with a little better… I know nothing about this but the economy is still pumping out decent numbers

You win—2.1%!

https://www.bea.gov/news/2019/gross-domestic-product-2nd-quarter-2019-advance-estimate-and-annual-update

Hey! I just won the internet!

2 Likes

Wow… you were right on the nose. Any thoughts on the upcoming powerball/mega millions numbers?

1 Like

I’d go with 9-14-18-26-44-48

I actually think we all win since we’re living in the greatest economy that has ever existed. 2.1% growth proves it. For some perspective, five of Obama’s eight 2nd quarter GDP growths were higher than this. In 2016, Obama’s last year, when our economy was a “disaster” we had 2.3% growth. Just an FYI.

6 Likes

And this is just hilarious. Trump’s ■■■■■■■■ claim of 3% growth on a year on year basis isn’t even true anymore.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-07-26/trump-s-3-growth-feat-in-2018-undone-by-annual-data-revisions

4 Likes

You win.

2.1% was what the GDP growth was for 2Q.

This just came over my email feed.

Trump! Trump! Trump! Trump!

Rigged!

Anyone look at the revised previous GDP numbers? 4th Quarter 2018 dropped from 2.1% to 1.1%. Jesus.

2 Likes

2.1% is better than I was anticipating. I’m wondering who he throws under the bus for not meeting 3% though. Powell is an easy target. I’m wondering if trade or media gets thrown into the mix.

It’s Trump’s MO. Promise big then blame everyone else when it doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

It’s totally gonna be a bash the Fed day. Every day is a bash the Fed day, but today is going to be brutal.

1 Like

Just remember, GDP doesn’t matter to Trump loyalists. It’s all about the Dow.

Over the last 18 months it’s up a staggering 2%. That’s got to be a record, right?

1 Like