Future Scenarios in Russia/Ukraine

Lights are still on in Kyiv. Normally, you would want to cut the electricity if you were gonna invade… :rofl:

1 Like

I don’t think it goes nuclear. Not yet. Stakes just aren’t high enough.

I was responding to your post where you claimed a NATO/Russia confrontation would lead to a righteous ass kicking of Russia.

No… It would likely lead to the end of civilization on earth.

1 Like

Well…news tells me that we don’t know much. Truth? Need to know basis. And you don’t need to know.:wink:

1 Like

NATO involvement means escalation. Ukraine isn’t a NATO country, so it’s an unprovoked escalation. This isn’t even to say Putin might lob a few nukes, not really sure what he’d do, but the onus is no longer on China to chastise Russia. It levels the ground of bad actors, EU/Russia.

Okay. My answer remains the same. Stakes aren’t high enough.

But okay, let us engage this: what actions force the confrontation referenced above?

My opinion, NATO spilling blood on Russian soil. The appearance of an invading force would send it over the edge.

But I don’t claim to know anything, this is just what I figure.

1 Like

It doesn’t need to go that far.

What’s needed is an exit ramp for Putin where he saves face and can claim victory. His own country will see to it that he is removed from power.

Okay, but NATO, being a defensive organization will be scrupulous in making sure that👆 doesn’t happen. If it is as bad as posted above, they will do everything required to remain white hats.

When the foe is busy stepping on his ahem, don’t interrupt him.

Well, that will be up to Z. If it is really as bad as posted above, and the Ukranians are game? Keep kicking when he is down.

If they’re beating the ruskies out of Ukraine, they’re liable to spill blood on Russian soil. Of course, Russia may be of the mindset that Ukraine IS Russian soil. Who knows? If NATO fights Russian soldiers, the escalations will probably lead to a nuclear outcome.

Why? We know where the border is. We’ll just push them to say…10 miles from the border, and then invite them to leave

We do. We knows Putin thinks that’s Russian soil because he told us he thinks it’s Russian soil. But if he has been foolish enough to provoke NATO, we won’t care about his opinion.

Nope. Stakes aren’t high enough.

That’s concerning.

He’s not just going to tuck tail and run. There will be retaliations. The stakes will rise.

My estimate is next to nothing.

1 Like

Well yeah. The scenario currently under discussion is NATO intervention. You can bet your sweet bippy that we will
be there, with 28 of our friends

Again with the negativity. I predict that he cuts bait.

Disagree. But we can’t know otherwise cuz it’s top secret.

1 Like

Why? He’s actively goading them into a fight.

2 Likes

Based in what?

Yeah, and maybe that I a blunder. But also maybe, he smells blood in the water.

I say, as long as the Ukranian people are up for it, let them fight, and let us help them