Frequent boycotter Trump blasts liberals for calling for Home Depot boycott

About as well as smashing a Keurig

Which you called me. Apologize.

What? When was I replying to you in this thread?

Here.

Ah. My mistake. Though I was replying to Paul_Thompson. Sorry

Apology accepted and thank you.

You’re the one who brought up the whole “good people” “bad people” thing. That being said, there are likely “good people” at just about every company. People can still boycott if they want. It’s their money to do with as they please. Saying a boycott only hurts “bad people” is a dumb rationale for a boycott.

Because some people are idiots. Not a difficult answer really.

He says some stupid things, doesn’t he? Let’s examine just this alone. If CNN is “dying in the ratings anyway”, why the need to implore people to not watch. If CNN’s ratings are truly on their death bed, shouldn’t “big changes” be happening anyway.

And this is to you, CITM. This is a very poorly constructed sentence. Perhaps it should have read “Not all people who claim to be small government people really are.” I’m a small government person, and make no mistake, I am definitely that.

I personally think boycotts are stupid. I’m going to buy my chick fil a waffle fries, I’m going to go to Home Depot because they have the storage shed I want in stock, and I’m going to vote for whoever is the Democratic candidate against Trump :+1:

1 Like

I’m asking where the hypocrisy is. Hypocrisy is "Do as I say, not as I do. " What is Trump saying not to do, that he is doing in regards to boycotts?

It seems you’re trying real hard to understand a simple concept. Let me help.

If you want to do a boycott this week and I tell you that you shouldn’t yet next week I start my own boycott, that’s hypocritical of me.

You also suspect seth rich was killed by the dnc…so…

There are two issues here. The OP seems to have been interested only in the first one.

1. Trump tweeted that the economic boycott was bad because the people didn’t care who got hurt economically. He also said that two could play at this. This is apparently hypocritical to some because he has called for boycotts where he didn’t care who got hurt either. I would not say it was really hypocritical because he never said he did care who got hurt, just that they did…and the threat that two could play would indicate he wasn’t always against boycotts. However, if you think boycotts are bad because they hurt innocent people, his call to boycotts contain the same ethical flaws as the other boycotts…just not really hypocritical.

2. The other issue brought up in tagging Trump as hypocritical is one can’t help but bringing up the issue of the Home Depot boycott. Like the earlier mentioned calls for boycotts, it goes after innocent people relying on a brand name or business too. IMO it is a bit worse because no one in the company itself has any power to force Marcus to do anything so they can’t fix the perceived problem. At least in the cases of ATT and the NFL those companies had the option of caving. It isn’t even within Home Depots ability to cave on the issue.

Obviously most Dems would like to concentrate on the first issue and most Reps on the second.

Err no, do you support some boycotts, all boycott’s or no boycott’s? If the answer is some, as in those you agree with, welcome to the hypocrite club using the standard you are using for Trump.

1 Like

False. Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said anything of the sort. Don’t make stuff up.

They are Painfully splitting hairs in this thread to make themselves feel better…

1 Like

He didn’t understand the question?

Donald Trump being a liar and a hypocrite. He must be breathing.

Home Depot spokeswoman Margaret Smith said in a statement to NPR that Marcus retired more than a decade ago and is not speaking on behalf of the company. “In fact, as a standard practice, the company does not endorse Presidential candidates,” she said.