Freedom of the Press?

In other words your point is meaningless.

Your lack of concern for your fellow journalist is pathetic. I hate the press and I care more than you do.

Where are all the strong democratic men willing to stand up against tyranny?

A Trump supporter concerned about tyranny? Give me a break.

1 Like

I think his point was that many Dems seem much more concerned on hating on Trump, who had nothing to do with this, than they do about the actual raiding of reporters.
I can see you might have difficulty understanding his point.

This is too funny.

Nobody was hating on Trump.

Tyranny doesn’t mean what you think it does.

According to the article, this is the 3rd occurrence of the California government exerting force to control what goes out to the media. Is this a time for the DoJ to step in or will Pelosi be outraged (ha-ha) and will deal with this? Either way…people need to be held accountable for breaking laws. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.

It is too evident. And sad.

[quote=“Smyrna, post:34, topic:188936, full:true”] NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW.
[/quote]

Tell that to Ted Baxter. I mean Donald Trump.

And Hillary Clinton.

1 Like

Love that she’s always in Trumpettes’ heads. I bet she does too.

It’s because she is the queen of being above the law…but hopefully…not for long?

You’re not getting off that light. Especially you.

This is a direct attack on the first amendment by one of the country’s larger police forces and is only one of a disturbing number of similar instances.

Trump’s rhetoric is part of the story and perfectly valid to be included. His attacks on the press are well known. It is also know that he thinks he is attacking the furthest left of the press, but that doesn’t ■■■■■■■ matter. In the eyes of the law, the press is the press, or should be. Trump’s rhetoric is harmful and may have contributed to the mindset of the two California Supreme Court justices who approved the search warrant.

I disagree. This was the police. In San Francisco.

Don’t they watch the news and hear Trump’s words?

Probably. Do you think they heed them?

This is about abuse of the authority and the judiciary who let’s them do it. Not Trump.

In the epicenter of Liblandia.

I don’t know SF well, but I know Boston pretty well and the police there are not generally leftists and I suspect SF is similar. No idea about the judges, but they approved an unjustifiable warrant against a left leaning reporter. Besides, this sounds more like they are reacting to a direct attack on themselves, left, right or indifferent, defending “the brotherhood”. I don’t think they are leftist judges. The rhetoric of the president can have the effect of setting the tone of things nationally, just like he sets foreign policy for example. I’m not blaming him, I want that to be clear, but I still say his rhetoric is harmful and it is perfectly plausible that it contributed to this happening and the fact that it has happened in other spots around the country.

I believe those judges names were elected, that mean people of libsville voted em in. :wink: