FoxNews rails against vaccine passports while implementing one…

The court hasn’t ruled on the Florida law banning private businesses (the cruise lines) from being able to restrict passengers to vaccinated only.

WW

Which was CDC overreach. They are not an enforcement arm of the government.

1 Like

I’m aware that you already answered, I’m seeking clarification.

No. DeSantis’ ban on “vaccine passports” is not CDC overreach.

If anything, it’s DeSantis overreach.

1 Like

We are arguing two different things. I am arguing CDC exceeding their authority which is what the court agreed with.

As far as DeSantis, I don’t believe creating a system so that people are not discriminated against is not government overreach.

There are also impacts on other industries. Cannot fly, cannot take a train and what next is the slippery slope.

2 Likes

No, I think it is more accurate to say that I am talking about one thing, and you are deflecting to something else because you don’t want to talk about what I’m talking about.

Do you feel the same way about federal accommodation laws? Or is that different?

Yes. It’s not a slippery slope, that’s the whole point.

Asked and answered.

My business has to be accommodate handicap people and be compliant with that. No, I don’t want anyone to feel like they cannot enter my business because of a disability

.Your beef is with DeSantis. Mine is with arming the CDC to be an enforcement agency which they are not.

2 Likes

The law the cruise lines are challenging is a Florida law, not something from the CDC.

WW

So do you support State Pubic Accommodation laws that force businesses not to discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation?

WW

Sigh…

Florida ports, Florida law.

CDC can or cannot overrule. Where does their authority begin and end?

There are two different issues at hand.

2 Likes

I did not say that. I said disability accommodations I agree with.

Sigh…

Again, the cruise lines are challenging the Florida law, it has nothing to do with the CDC. The cruise lines as a private business want to limit the danger to passengers by eliminating exposure to unvaccinated people in the close confines of the ship while at sea.

WW

And who is enforcing the challenge to the Florida laws?

None of the State level public accommodation laws examples cited (race, religion, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation) are about disability.

Disability is covered under Federal law (American’s with Disabilities Act), the question is do you support State public accommodation laws are do you believe “I don’t believe creating a system so that people are not discriminated against is not government overreach.”

State Public Accommodation laws to prevent discrimination are the proper exercise of government. Is that correct?

WW

Nobody yet.

The cruise lines have sued Florida, and I don’t believe it has been heard in court yet.

It will be the courts. If Florida wins, the Florida will enforce it’s laws. If Florida loses, then the courts will block Florida from enforcement.

The CDC isn’t involved anymore.

WW

But what about the bakers of wedding cakes?

Colorado bakery, Colorado law.

???

WW

If an airline says so?

Absolutely.

So you’re not really fighting for any principle here.

Just a state law you happen to agree with.

Businesses should be allowed to discriminate on items you want them to be able to discriminate on.

But don’t be setting up any discriminatory safety laws that discriminate on the risk someone poses to health in their business.

Don’t you dare be doing that.

Because it is private companies doing it. If people don’t like it they don’t have to buy. That is different than a government mandate.