FOX news backs CNN lawsuit against POTUS?

Trump Republicans rail about political correctness then complain about the Acosta thing.

That’s soft. Like The Princess Bride soft.

Its not “assault”, legally or figuratively.

The crime of assault requires an intent to harm, not just incidental physical contact.

A lady bumped into me on the escalator at the Metri station. That wasn’t assault. Neither was what Acosta did.

2 Likes

It amazes me too. CNN has others to send to the White House that have their passes.

And the White House has the absolute right to pick and choose which reporters can have passes. If a reporter can’t be nice to the president, then they have no business asking questions at his press conferences.

They’re making a rather significant point.

I think Acosta was an ass, and doesn’t belong in the WH briefing room. But CNN decides which of their employees to send to cover the WH. Not Trump.

It would be a very bad precedent for media orgs to let the WH dictate who gets to cover them.

yeah the reporters have to be nice

i dont like it when they ask mean questions or act rudely

i dont know why trump talks to the media

just use twitter buddy

The White House gives the passes and they can revoke them. Other members of the media do not like Acosta. He’s not very intelligent.

The White House has that “absolute right”?

Are you sure about that? Where is that right enumerated?

Yet again, another lib who hasn’t read the Constitution.

Like who?

Name these members of the media who don’t like Acosta.

1 Like

Never heard of the website, but what’s great is the responses from pissed off Fox fans.

https://wokesloth.com/fox-news-fans-cnn-trump/jessi/?utm_content=buffer928cd&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=thegoodlordabove&utm_campaign=bloomjoy&fbclid=IwAR1W2GAd55-_4fMmTd3qfo1ZtD3MI0jJ_tHG9iNmxiJLfHyiT4AGqJHwIN0

I have read the Constitution. Have you?

You didn’t answer my question.

Ever heard of the Freedom of association?

There are no bigger hypocrites than Trumpsters. Rail about PC then get butthurt if someone on other side isn’t PC. Rant about libs being snowflakes, yet get offended at Starbucks having red cups at Christmas.

3 Likes

“Freedom of Association” is not an enumerated right in the Constitution.

More importantly, the Bill of Rights doesn’t grant rights to the government, it limits the power of the government to infringe on those rights.

You understand that the President of the United States is the government, right?

1 Like

He’s also a private citizen when he’s not presidenting.

Of course.

But when he’s standing at the podium in the Press Room, he’s not acting in his capacity as a private citizen. He didn’t revoke Acosta’s pass as a private citizen.

The President isn’t the boss of the Press Corps.

Private citizen Donald Trump wants nothing to do with Acosta ever again. That man was mean to him, and it’s his right to not associate himself with people that are mean to him.

President Donald Trump will do his job as soon as Private citizen Donald Trump’s demands are capitulated to. It’s not the President’s fault that he’s subservient to Private citizen Donald Trump. Did you know that Private citizen Donald Trump is a trillionaire? Never piss off a trillionaire.

thats a lot of money

money is power

trump is after all the most powerful man on the planet

being president and all

acosta is only a reporter

the news has no allies. It is news.

2 Likes