Fox News and Media Bias

Here…for your reading pleasure.

The study found that in Trump’s first 100 days in office, the tone of the news coverage of the president has been a whopping 80 percent negative to 20 percent positive.

CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio. And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

This article is from a liberal news source so surely…it’s believable…amirite? :sunglasses:

She knew the rules going into the hearing, tried to break them and got called on it. She wasn’t “bullied”

1 Like

Fox “News” is mostly propaganda. Now that their guy is in the White House, it’s official state propaganda.

Here’s a quote from the author of the article you cited – its in the article:

“Trump bears some of the blame for this. He mocked the media, called journalists “the enemy of the people,” and went to Washington with much vulgar bragging, essentially promising he’d kick the political establishment right in the private parts. And telling the Russians that former FBI director James Comey is a “nut job” doesn’t help.”

2 Likes

It is the duty of the individual to seek truth.

Not have it screamed at them by media or party maniacs.

I remain surprised more news outlets do not sculpt and improve on the FOX format.

Opportunity is there.

:mega:

In their defense, Trump sucks.

1 Like

So when R’s do it you have no problem.

ALL “news”…is mostly propaganda and the only ones that don’t realize that are the sheople.

I’ve been very consistent here for over a decade demanding honesty, truth and equal application of our laws to all…period. That’s what I practice personally, professionally and here…politically.

Fox isn’t journalism. Fox isn’t what students in journalism school learn. What Fox does is propaganda. Journalism school teaches journalism as practiced by the New York Times, Washington Post, NBC, CBS and ABC. Fox is the laughing stock of journalists.

So anyone who disagrees with you is “sheeple”? How ironic.

Wow…you really have a low discernment level. I’m shocked I tell ya…shocked. :sunglasses:

How about linking directly to the study? (See bottom link).

And the study’s findings (from the study itself, not an interpretation)… which don’t conclude what you’d like to think.

• President Trump dominated media coverage in the outlets and programs analyzed, with Trump being the topic of 41 percent of all news stories—three times the amount of coverage received by previous presidents. He was also the featured speaker in nearly two-thirds of his coverage.
  • Republican voices accounted for 80 percent of what newsmakers said about the Trump presidency, compared to only 6 percent for Democrats and 3 percent for those involved in anti-Trump protests.
  • European reporters were more likely than American journalists to directly question Trump’s fitness for office.
  • Trump has received unsparing coverage for most weeks of his presidency, without a single major topic where Trump’s coverage, on balance, was more positive than negative, setting a new standard for unfavorable press coverage of a president.
  • Fox was the only news outlet in the study that came close to giving Trump positive coverage overall, however, there was variation in the tone of Fox’s coverage depending on the topic.

Now let’s look at this. First, anyone under investigation is going to get what his supporters would call negative coverage. Trump has been under investigation for most of his presidency.

And I’ve always wondered what complaints about positive vs. negative coverage mean? Do you want fairy tales? Fake positive spin?

News coverage isn’t woven. It’s taken from reality. If Trump and his supporters want positive coverage, let him generate it. Let his speeches be more conciliatory instead of the pep rallies he holds. And he has gotten positive coverage when the economic numbers have been good, and when he travels, hasn’t he?

All this continual whining about just how awful his press coverage has been (boo hoo hoo) is meaningless. Let me get you a crying towel. And meanwhile, read the unadulterated report.

1 Like

You really should read the actual study because it does not say what you seem to think it does.

Fox certainly has the best ratings of any cable network. Hannity and Tucker’s shows rank pretty high up as well.

With the ability to reach millions like that, it’s a shame that our POTUS says Fox no longer works for him.

The main point that study backs is that the reason Trump’s coverage is overwhelmingly negative is because Trump himself is overwhelmingly negative.

When Trump tweets an insult and that insult gets reported that is counted as a negative piece of coverage. That’s on Trump and no one else

3 Likes

Yes, but it should a purveyance of lies should not be tolerated and touted simply because it grabs eyeballs and ad revenue. I do not have cable and thus do not watch US newstainment. I do catch clips of the Fox lineup and its not news. Whenever I am on travel I’ll tune in to CNN for a short and it’s largely the same deal. I give them a marginal pass for actually discussing news versus saying ignore it, but the contstant anti-Trump lineup from 7pm to 11pm or whatever is a complete waste airtime. Now we have this crap of the networks talking about what the other networks talk or don’t talk about. It is complete crap.

1 Like

She continued to speak knowing that she was not recognised by the chair. She also lied later when she made a claim that the chair had refused to allow any documents from Republicans to be tabled.

1 Like

Was that the case when the Republicans controlled the House of Reps post 2016 election?

If it’s your opinion that the goal of a news organization should be to “win” by telling people what they want to hear so that said news organization can maximize profits, then you are correct.

1 Like