Four black teens were fundraising for their high school football team. Afootball team. A woman held them at gunpoint

Yeah. It’s weird. I drive a newer vehicle, keep my hair short, and I never get pulled over except when I’m doing something obvious to get pulled over for.

I never get followed around in stores, either.

2 Likes

A thread about four black kids living their lives being held at gunpoint by a white woman has morphed into being about how White people are victims.

Bonkers.

6 Likes

And she’s been arrested…tightly so.

Hey, we agree on something!

Good. I see no reason for her actions.

The title should be “Idiot hold four teens at gun point fundraising for their high school football team”. And allow the readers to make that connection on their own.

It’s what I do sometimes.

Example

I do that to spark discussion without trying to influence the debate or outcome.

Sometime a pretty good discussion can be had…sometimes. :wink:

And I hope they don’t forget to add her to NICS. :wink:

:wink::wink:

I think the motivation is part of the story.

Mentioning race in a story, that is fueled by someone acting in a racist manner, should not be controversial.

That is literally journalism 101. Present all the facts of the story, so the reader can come to their own conclusions.

But the OP made it about race and wanted to trigger a response…and with this it’s last I’m going to respond to this thread.

Good luck.

9 Likes
  • It is racist to state the fact that four black teens were fundraising?
  • It is not racist to state the fact that four black teens were fundraising?

0 voters

I disagree with the contention made here by a couple of individuals that just saying the words 4 black teens…makes the OP a racist post. So I created a poll to find out what everyone thinks.

3 Likes

So…we shouldn’t talk about the race, which was very likely a factor…

But somehow we should jump to the conclusion that OP was trying to paint all conservatives as racist while ignoring his own racism?

Is that it?

:wink::wink:

calling out and identifying racism makes a lot of people very uncomfortable.

5 Likes

How in the world can that be a racist post.

It’s stating facts!

We’re in a scary situation now where just mentioning someone’s race in the title of a post can be racist.

Sort of like the APBs we sometimes get about the cops looking for a criminal… and they don’t mention if he’s white, black, Hispanic etc so how are people supposed to know who to look for?

1 Like

Yep. That poster wants all the threads merged and no mention of race.

Why are they so desperate this hide this?

I think because Trum.

Maybe they looked like they were going to kneel.

5 Likes

Not really…you are talking with professional victims… notice how every story gets turned around about how they are victims…

I don’t think you know ours either. I don’t respect people who deride yours due to ignorance.

1 Like

Lets see my husband rodeos and he gets pulled over at least once a week. And he is not a minority.
It’s almost never for speeding.
In the past month it was a tail light out on the trailer, crossing the center line, liquid leaking out the back of the trailer(guess the horse couldn’t hold it) and couldn’t read the license plate(to much mud on it) guess according to you they all stopped him because he was driving white.
I’m sure my husband would appreciate it you sent him a little of that white privilege.

1 Like