Former US Senate Intel Staffer Indicted for Lying to FBI about Leaks

Wolfe is alleged to have lied to FBI agents in December 2017 about his repeated contacts with three reporters, including through his use of encrypted messaging applications. Wolfe is further alleged to have made false statements to the FBI about providing two reporters with non-public information related to the matters occurring before the SSCI.

Not sure what to make of this yet.

My gut tells me a few others will be dragged in this net.

They need to be investigating, identifying, firing, and prosecuting the leakers in the FBI an DOJ as well who have been making a career out of leaking classified information from the Russian Investigation as well.

You assume its been coming from the FBI and DOJ.

As this indictment shows, they’re far from the only ones in the loop.

For most if not all of the early leaks it could have come from nowhere else because none of the information had yet been made available to the committees.

You’d have to point me to those stories.

From what I recall, the consistent pattern in virtually every single leak has been that it occurred after someone else was contacted.

The leaks go back at least as far as a year ago just going off of the first one to come up on yahoo.

We’d have to have a complete list of all of them and a timeline to match them against the committee briefings to even begin to sort through it all.

This page details out 25 different leaks.

Has anyone from Mueller’s team officially appeared before any of the committees to testify on any of the details of the investigation?

First of all, Breitbart?

Look a the language. “A person familiar with the probe” is very, very wide.

I suspect more leakers will be found and they will all be either in Congress or in the WH.

2 Likes

I don’t care what you think of the source you wanted a date.

I believe they had to keep congress briefed every few weeks at some point didn’t they?

I don’t believe so, it’s an independent counsel.

Yeah i’m trying to find the piece, but I think at some point they were keeping congress in the loop on certain details. Could be wrong.

Publicly they have said very little. I don’t even know what Mueller sounds like.

I may have been thinking of when they met to make sure their investigations didn’t conflict.

As far as I know he doesn’t have a duty to report to anyone other than Rosenstein until the investigation is complete.

One of the major complaints is that there is zero oversight by congress and a basically unlimited budget and probing power that exceeds what an “inferior officer” is supposed to have.

That was just to set parameters for the investigation was it not?

Only to make sure the house intel and Mueller investigation didn’t conflict with eachother.

Had the same meeting with Senate intel.

Now we are worried about budgets…neat

Congress has oversight over the DoJ doesn’t it?

Though DoJ is semi-independent in ways that other exec agencies are not, at least as far as I’ve seen.