Former US ambassador Marie Yovanovitch: Victim or co-conspirator?

In other big news, Lev and his lawyer will be special guests on Rachel Maddow’s show tonight.

Really? That should be interesting.

1 Like

With the added benefit of driving Trump nuts.

1 Like

That’s always a plus.

2 Likes

Meh…is there any difference in Trump’s world?

:sunglasses:

He’s sadly too busy searching for the Crowdstrike server.

1 Like

https://www.congress.gov/nomination/114th-congress/1909?q={"search"%3A["Marie+Yovanovitch"]}&s=2&r=2

As I find what was done to Marie Yovanovitch disgusting, I am happy that there is still a silver lining in it for her.

In the waning days of his Presidency, Obama sent a group of 5 distinguished Senior Career Foreign Service members to the Senate for promotion from the rank of Minister-Counselor to the rank of Career Minister. That group was confirmed by voice vote, by a Republican controlled Senate, on December 7, 2016. Marie Yovanovitch was a member of that group.

Significant, because it ensures, despite the sordid circumstances of her removal from her post, that she is ensured of remaining in the Senior Foreign Service until her mandatory retirement at age 65. She is 61 and currently a State Department fellow in residence at Georgetown University and absolutely nothing Trump can do to her now. He could take her Ambassadorship. He cannot take her personal rank.

And if a Democrat wins in 2020, it is most likely she will get a final Ambassadorship. But even if that doesn’t happen, she is assured of full retirement.

At least she will not be financially effected by these events.

And lets be fully honest. During her career Yovanovitch performed her duties in the highest tradition of the United States Foreign Service, under Presidents of both parties, including Trump. It is only when she refused to go along with what she rightfully believed to be an illegal act was she viciously and unjustly removed and then viciously slandered.

At no time did she ever attempt impede the lawful foreign policy discretion of the President of the United States or in anyway provide less than the highest standard of service.

Everything said against her is nothing but vicious lies and slander.

Again, glad that she will be retiring at full retirement age and with the maximum possible retirement benefit.

And she may yet get the last laugh if a Democrat wins in 2020, as she certainly will be assigned to a diplomatic post.

Regardless, she will get to honorably retire at age 65.

As a Career Minister with her tenure, she is essentially maxed out at $197,300, but will receive cost of living pay raises during her remaining years of service, along with all other Federal employees.

Her max three average for retirement will likely be around $205,000. 38 years of service at retirement. She should pull a retirement annuity of $85,000 to $86,000 for the rest of her life PLUS Social Security.

Just something to chew on. :smile:

12 Likes

Insubordination to the President is treason.

So what?

Whether an envoy or simply working as part of Trump’s legal team he would be perfectly within his rights to ask for those meetings.

If he represented himself as representing the gov’t and was not then that would be a fraud but I’m not seeing it.

And none of you has yet demonstrated that he was nor has anyone else.

I don’t know, I never met him.

Very noble post. I completely disagree.

He is right to ask for those meetings, but the content of how he conducted those meetings may involve substantial abuse of power by the President, or bribery, if he was making US policy dependent on generating things of value for his client – which appears to be what he was doing.

IF, If, if… when there’s actual evidence of a crime let me know.

Giuliani is no fool and hand a long career as a federal prosecutor so I don’t think he’s going to set himself or his client up for a criminal conviction.

1 Like

Yes…yes she was.
Oh and pompeo and trump both were in the loop and trump always told what to text at times

And not write ■■■■ down on stationary.

This city deserves a better class of criminals.

Iran was a distraction

This is scary stuff.

…and, her future book publisher loves the publicity.

The thing I don’t understand re her case, is why Trump didn’t just say that she does not agree with my position regarding Ukraine investigations, so am going to appoint someone else to that position. So easy and so irrefutable. And don’t say he was keeping his desire for the investigation secret…everybody in the world was on that phone conversations and the few who weren’t heard about it hearsay.

1 Like