Former top FBI official Charles McGonigal arrested over ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska

Looks like the FBI finally found some Russian interference. :rofl:

Imagine what the higher ups are getting away with. :wink:

6 Likes

The New York Field Office?

So he was the guy feeding Giuliani info during the 2016 campaign?

1 Like

The indictment marks a surprising twist given McGonigal’s involvement with the FBI’s investigation into the Trump campaign’s links to Russia. As a top counterintelligence official, McGonigal was one of the first individuals at the FBI to learn that a Trump campaign adviser had discussed Hillary Clinton’s emails with a foreign diplomat. The FBI opened its investigation of the Trump campaign based on that conversation, but later found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

Dear lord

5 Likes

no, he was the guy that led crossfire huricane when it started

5 Likes

Yep …

:rofl:

No he wasn’t.

1 Like

I didn’t realize he was also this piece of crap when I started the thread. Oh well, bonus time it is then. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s as of you guys have forgotten that we were all here, through all of this.

Crossfire Hurricane was run out of the J. Edgar Building in D.C., not the NY Field Office. The extent of McGonigal’s involvement appears to have relaying the intel from Australia about Papadopolous to D.C.

On the other hand, the New York Field Office is the office that leaked a whole bunch of ■■■■ about Hillary to Rudy and Trump’s team, in the run-up to 2016.

Seems like you forgot that danchenko/steele/team hillary were all neck deep in deripaska bs…just like this guy,

2 Likes

I lost interest after season three Russian collusion.

2 Likes

Was that The Red Wedding?

1 Like

It looks like he had a lot more to do with crossfire hurricane and attacks on Trump than he had to do with Giuliani, doesn’t it?

5 Likes

The only problem, you have no evidence of anything he had to do with Giuliani. You just made it up.

4 Likes

No. It doesn’t. Did you even read that article?

This appears to be the extent of his involvement:

FBI Deputy Assistant Director Jonathan Moffa told Senate Judiciary Committee staffers in 2020 that he got a July 2016 email from McGonigal which “contained essentially that reporting, which then served as the basis for the opening of the case.”

. . .

Shortly before Mueller was appointed, McGonigal also sent a message to an FBI colleague that discussed how agents were interviewing another Trump campaign adviser, Carter Page.

“Our Team is currently talking to CP re Russia,” McGonigal wrote on March 16, 2017, according to Justice Department records released by Senate Republicans.

. . .

McGonigal’s name is also first on a list of FBI officials who received an Oct. 22, 2015, memo about a “classified defensive briefing” given to lawyers for Clinton’s presidential campaign about attempts by an unidentified foreign government to influence the candidate through “lobbying efforts and campaign contributions.”

Two emails, and he was cc-ed on a Agency-wide Memo.

I’m just asking questions.

So he was involved in initiating the Russiagate investigation, spying on page (which was based on falsified information) and carrying the water for Hillary.
Somehow, I think those emails are not the entirety of his work, but at least you didn’t try to hide all the involvements he had, as described in the article.
The irony, of course, is that he is potentially going to be spending more time in the pen for conspiring with Russia than page was ever even accused of.

2 Likes

No, there’s no evidence of that.

No, there’s no evidece of that, either.

Again - No, there’s no evidence of that.

You’re really getting a lot of work out of the word “involved,” aren’t you?

Why is that “ironic?”

Wow. Just denying what you just read, while making up nonsense about Giuliani.

1 Like

I’m not denying anything I read - I’m denying the narrative you’ve imagined reading “between the lines.”