Former President Obama & Hillary Should Be In Jail!

No…wages aren’t determined by “how much it costs to get you to work” in the slightest.

You are doing very poorly today.

Then prove they pay more now.

For the vast majority of people… yes.

You said “a larger share.”

To be fair, the rich are so much richer now that even with a lower tax rate, their $$$ contribution can still be a greater share than the rest of us.

Is not much higher and a slight decline supposed to be a stinging rebuke? And I didn’t say top 1% in any case, I said people at the top, referring to the top quintile.

Yes they are. People pay labor what it costs to get people to show up and do the job. That’s how a competitive labor market works. What do you imagine they base pay on?

No they aren’t, no.

President Trump and the Republicans have been running the DOJ for now a bit over 26 months. However, Hillary has not been indited during any of that time.

1 Like

Who said anything about a stinging rebuke? You said they pay a larger share, which is false.

Competitive labor theory has not explained the trends in wages that we have seen for decades.

I know the theories and equations and I know how to do math.

Obama regulations!

That special prosecutor Donald promised us in 2016 is gonna be a doozy when they finally show up.

No, I did not specify the top 1%, try again.

Derp. They’re paying more in absolute taxes because they have more than ever. But as already shown their rate is low by historical standards. So as a proportion they’re paying less.

No as shown so far, they were paying slightly less than the all time high as of 2014, quite a few tax changes since then.

The tax rate during WW2 was 94% on everything over $200,000.

I’m not trying anything, just pointing out the error in your fact-free post.

Can we get an APB on the special prosecutor the Trump DOJ hired in 2017 to “look into Hillary’s situation?” I can’t seem to find him (or her) anywhere. Anyone know who it is, or where they are located? I can’t find anything. Zip. Nada. Nothing.

2 Likes

I think he is (very poorly) trying to say that the wealthy pay a larger portion of the total tax revenue. The same ol’ “poor people don’t pay taxes” talking point they always drag out.

The sad part they never seem to understand it is only indicates just how absurdly wealthy the very top, and how wide the gap, has become.

1 Like