Former NC Governor laments elected black takeover of Charlotte, NC

like if all the people in a home owners organization voted to allow people to live there and - quite coincidentally - they only voted for white people to live there. You are ok with that… ethically?

Save the talk about legalities for lawyers. I’m interested in the rightness of wrongness.

Ah…I see.

The problem is you don’t understand the concept of disparate impact. Best go look into it.

I could give you a masters class on disparate impact. You could give a masters class on trolling.

1 Like

you go first.

That’s against the law.

It’s a city govt we are talking about not a private organization that discriminates.

If the people don’t like their govt, there little things called elections.

They didn’t like the DINO, they like Gary McFadden.

Allan

so if it was not against the law, you would be ok with it?

Of course but it is.

Allan

It is rare to see a conservative on this board even admit there is still an abundance of institutional and systemic racism alive and well in this country, never mind actually link to articles discussing it.

Good on you.

The racism in this country is still deep and it is going to take strong leaders to deal with it. White or Black, too many cities have still not found the right leaders to deal with it and Baltimore is certainly in that camp.

But it does seem like you are saying with your statement that it is specifically because the current leaders are black and not just weak. I hope that’s not what you are trying to say man, because that would be really ■■■■■■ up and stupid.

This is good from that article. They need leaders like Jackson, don’t you think?

They clearly need liberal policies and true liberal leaders.

you cherry picked one possible reason. This is the city government that told the rioters that they can go ahead and riot… that they needed to do that.

They have enough liberalism.

if anyone think any regular on this forum is saying that black leaders are poor leaders because they are black… then they have been programmed and preconditioned to repeat a narrative.

Okay, good on you again.

It’s just that you ‘coincidentally’ found and linked to two articles that specifically talked about the color of the leaders skin in the headline and upfront.

So I’m sure you understand my checking.

But an article about all white leadership would be OK in your mind? Whereas an article about all black leadership is suspect?

can’t have black people running a city government!

the sarcasm was meant to imply that some here believe that black people in leadership positions is a bad thing. Is that your strawman for the day?

But in so far as you sarcasm implies that you think that a government of ONE race is a good thing, it sounds like you don’t believe that there is strength in diversity.

Whoa… why so defensive man?

I told you, white or black, the point is whether or not they are weak. So as long as you understand that and that is all you were trying to say then it’s all good, right?

We all know it’s a pure coincidence that you found articles mentioning the color of the leaders skin in the headline.

The important thing is that you are completely against the systematic racism that is still rampant in this country.

which is why an all black government in a city that has white people is of some concern. Now maybe it’s just revenge for times past… “chickens comin home to roost” sort of thing. And you all think it’s cool…But I assure you that the real white supremacists have taken notice and you simply give them justification for any calls they make for all white governments in cities that still have a sizable but minority population.

It’s as though you people never actually believed that there is strength in diversity.

lol - So you’re worried about the white people in those cities!

I AM SHOCKED!! Totally SHOCKED to see that is where you were going with all of this.

Glad we got that straight man.

It is good if that’s what the people want.

Elections and all that democracy crap…

Allan

Whites concerned about an all black city government.

Lol, that’s a funny one.

If they are really that concerned they should run a candidate that the people will elect.

Allan

1 Like