Ford has suffered $1 billion in lost profits from Trump tariffs

You must live in a walkable community and be a supporter of mass transit. That sounds great. I bet you have a nice bicycle and some really cool walking shoes too.

So, when did you swear off cars?

I swore off cars at the same time people who oppose coal and natural gas swore off central heating, air conditioning and light bulbs.

This is the kind of nonsense that gets typed when calls for greater efficiency and a rational push to less environmentally impactful forms of energy production are confused with contrarian partisanship.

3 Likes

Heaven forbid we should have renewable energy sources to power our central heating, air conditioning and light bulbs.

Why is it that some people seem to be afraid of improvements in energy efficiency (remember the light bulb debate?) and renewable energy sources?

Were you outraged when they took your incandescent light bulbs away?

Are you opposed to electric vehicles?

The attacks on President Trump about profiting from his Presidency is outrageous and really egregious since he lost over a $$BILLION$$ of his net worth campaigning and doesn’t take a salary. Ivanka lost at least one of her companies and his son’s business have had losses as well.

President Trump is the only politician to have lost money while serving so you need to pick another complaint or insult because this one makes no sense whatsoever!

1 Like

Oh yes, I remember the light bulb thing well, it cost me a lot of money buying crappy CFL bulbs that gave off a hideous light, which I have subsequently replaced with much better LED bulbs that I would have ended up buying without the governments getting involved in banning incandescent bulbs.

I bought enough incandescents while they were still available to keep me going for a few years and I still have some. So I never had to buy a lot of those crap CFLs.

The latest bulbs are pretty good.

And you know this how?

You can still buy incandescent bulbs.

I’m pretty sure the types that are available is limited to 3-way and low wattage bulbs. The standard 40 and 60 watt incandescents are no longer for sale.

yeah, really. this is just thru June…

‘Since Donald Trump declared his candidacy for president in late 2015, at least $16.1 million has poured into Trump Organization-managed and branded hotels, golf courses and restaurants from his campaign, Republican organizations, and government agencies. Because Trump’s business empire is overseen by a trust of which he is the sole beneficiary, he profits from these hotel stays, banquet hall rentals and meals.’

How do you know this? Did you see his tax returns?

Did Trump and his family start releasing their financial records when I wasn’t looking?

2 Likes

This isn’t a 60 watt incandescent light bulb?

Only to a selected few who post in anonymous forums.

to be fair, Trump was lying about his net worth (Trump said it was 11 Billion, Fobes/Fortune said more like 3) so it’s easy to lose net worth when you’re just making it up.

Didn’t Trump say one time that his net worth changes depending on his mood at the time?

Looks it up

Yeah. He was under deposition at the time.

“My net worth fluctuates, and it goes up and down with markets and with attitudes and with feelings, even my own feelings, but I try. Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is, where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day. Then you have a September 11th, and you don’t feel so good about yourself and you don’t feel so good about the world and you don’t feel so good about New York City. Then you have a year later, and the city is as hot as a pistol. Even months after that it was a different feeling. So yeah, even my own feelings affect my value to myself.” - Trump

1 Like

Fluorescent is far better in spectrum and quality than barrow band LEDs… lmao

Sounds like some gray market Chinese junk. If you order them let us know how they work.

I’m not in the market for incandescent light bulbs. I was just trying to be helpful.