Follow the science! University bans unvaccinated student from on-line classes

I haven’t been to Rutgers in years, but most schools have a student ID key card that allows you access to buildings. Anyone can and does walk around outside.

If he selected virtual classes he has chosen to be off campus. So if they keep him out of school altogether including virtual classes, how are they going to keep him off of campus?
Same thing.
The fact that it is necessary to come up with horrible hypotheticals to justify this policy is evidence enough there is no real justification. It is arbitrary and intrusive.

1 Like

Ah the false equivalence again.

Yes the poor unvaccinated. Forever stuck being unvaccinated…it’s a circumstance beyond their control.

So oppressed…

So don’t provide this ID if you select virtual classes.

I think the policy sucks.

I think the arguments that he’s being discriminated against or that Rutgers isn’t allowed to do this are extremely silly.

It’s not false.

It is false.

Then you don’t understand the meaning of the word “discriminate”.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. The logic (excuse) is the same. You are applying motivated reasoning to dismiss it.

Whatever their reason the school has them and they have a right to do them as long as they don’t violate the constitution.

And you can live on campus and still take virtual classes in many schools.

Strikes me as just Bullying by the school.

If leftists were truly concerned about the covid they would be raising hell with Biden about his allowing thousands of infected illegals into the country.

They are bending themselves into pretzels defending that if they even acknowledge it at all.

That brings us back to Bullying as a motive imo.

Now that the vaccine is FDA approved they can. Long standing policy for requiring university students to be vaccinated.

A ham handed application that the University will win every time. Faculty and staff are not as unilaterally required. Instead they would be required to frequent testing and social distancing protocols.

No, I don’t think they can force anyone who has had Covid to get vaccinated.

Universities frequently play by a much different set of rules.

They will win this one.

They can require student vaccination…period.

I don’t like it either. They can though.

1 Like

They shouldn’t as it is totally foolish. The kid should sue the hell out of them.

No, I don’t think they can, which is why George Mason had to back down when one of their professors who has had Covid. took them to court over it.

I am all for requiring vaccination. Much of the student body is from far away and international.

Professor no…Student yes.

The kid is going to school off campus/online. What they are doing in his case is foolish to the hilt.