Flynn fires counsel. Hires new legal team

Given that Sullivan has lambasted about every single attempt by Flynn and Powell up to this point, even accusing Powell of plagiarism, coupled with Flynn twice standing before him and admitting guilt, I’m not convinced he will accept.

If he does though, then what? Can the government pursue all of the other charges they opted against in exchange for the plea agreement?

I am not really quite sure what the play is here.

1 Like

They’ve become drunk on their own Kool-Aid conspiracy theories. It’s the dumb leading the even dumber. All hail Q!

1 Like

As far as I can see, the play is martyrdom. He’s looking for a pardon.

Either that, or Powell has left herself open to a seven-figure malpractice suit.

1 Like

HA.

Flynn’s walking himself into jail. Unless his new lawyers have already set up a pardon for him, this is going to be hilarious.

Sullivan already previously implied to Flynn he wouldn’t. Said something like

(paraphrase from memory)“This court has never sentenced a man with a guilty plea who says he’s not guilty, can’t imagine it would start”

Can, will, probably are.

He HAS to have a pardon promise. Soon too.

1 Like

Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Flynn said a whole lot to get himself the plea in the first place. All of that is gonna come out.

Trump pretty much pre-pardoned Arpaio for no reason other than he’s a fellow traveler. Since most of the country is ignorant of Sheriff of Nottingham/Maricopa county there was little political cost.

Trump hasn’t done so for Flynn yet because the calculations are so different. We’re at the point where he pretty much HAS to protect himself.

So when can he do it? Not before the senate trial. Not in an election year. But he’s going to have to, soon.

Anything he said relating to Trump would have already come out and have been incorporated into the Mueller (no cooperation) report. The article relating to the case of the government suggesting 0-6mos is over an ex partner of Flynn working for Turkey.
He should be given the same amount of time as McCabe in my opinion. They both lied to the FBI.

Flynn cut a plea deal because he was secretly working for at least two outside entities (one of them foreign) while serving as National Security Advisor.

I have no idea why he would willingly open himself up to being charged with really damaging charges instead of the nothing jail time he was likely to get.

2 Likes

I was not aware that Flynn was working for Turkey at the same time he was National Security Advisor. I had read that he quit working for Turkey before he took over the job. Has more recent information come to light? Perhaps a link?

He retroactively registered as a foreign agent after leaving office.

Why wouldn’t that be done before getting into office?

Ok. So it still stands. There is no evidence that he was working for Turkey while working as National Security Advisor.

It was not an uncommon thing for lobbyists for foreign countries to fail to register. Leon Podesta’s brother did the same thing.
Probably why they couldn’t charge Flynn for that.

Leon Podesta wasn’t the National Security Advisor.

You know that that is a really important job with access to a lot of very important information.

It’s like standards do not exist anymore.

2 Likes

And that’s my point. Flynn was not working for Turkey while National Security Advisor. You have mixed two time lines that did not, in fact, mix.

I am amazed at what people will put up with now.

1 Like

You can chalk that up under things they said because it was convenient but never expected to actually happen.

Something just doesn’t smell right here.
https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/1222634662910218240?s=20

Because the FBI is in disarray.

Probation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4616301002