Florida Supreme Court hears arguments over an abortion rights ballot measure

The Florida Supreme Court appeared skeptical of arguments that the Florida Abortion Amendment ballot summary is misleading. Hopefully, this is a sign that they will permit it to appear on the November ballot.

The amend would appear on the ballot as Amendment 4 with the title:

Amendment to Limit Government Interference with Abortion

The ballot summary reads:

No law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patient’s health, as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider. This amendment does not change the Legislature’s constitutional authority to require notification to a parent or guardian before a minor has an abortion.

The actual text to be inserted in the State Constitution reads: (The bold text is the section title.)

Limiting government interference with abortion.— Except as provided in Article X, Section 22, no law shall prohibit, penalize, delay, or restrict abortion before viability or when necessary to protect the patient’s health, as determined by the patient’s healthcare provider.

The State Attorney General’s contention that the ballot summary would be misleading to voters is downright insulting. Florida voters will know EXACTLY what they are voting on and the effect it will have. Essentially restoring Roe/Casey in the State of Florida.

The Supreme Court should allow this to remain on the ballot and THE PEOPLE of Florida should make the final choice.

While there is a 60% supermajority requirement for passage, multiple polls have shown it with above 60% support.

1 Like

What a bunch of losers, fighting over being able to murder their inconveniences. :rofl:

5 Likes

So you are calling around 60% of the population of Florida losers, even though many of those EXACT SAME PEOPLE regularly vote Republican???

Did you find that number online and everything? :rofl:

2 Likes

You do realize that abortion has won at least a majority of the votes each and every time it has gone to the polls, even in red States.

1 Like

You have no idea why people cast their vote the way they do. The best you can do is make things up and pretend to speak on their behalf.

The life of a loser will involve the dehumanizing arguments cut and paste time and time again, most ferociously by lib boys who clearly manipulated a girl into murdering their kid at one point.

So try not to feint as I laugh at the losers who put baby murder at the top of their priorities. :rofl:

4 Likes

Small Government Conservatives are surprised that there are people who want to make their own decisions about reproduction

5 Likes

There are alot of conservative women that will vote pro choice.

1 Like

“Will vote” to have her say.

Will probably not fight like a rabid chimpanzee over baby murder to my entertainment. :wink:

1 Like

I dunno man, you ever piss off a group of women?

They just might.

I saw Titanic in theaters, and made a loud “BLOOP!” sound when Leo got dropped into the water.

:grimacing:

1 Like

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Kansas is redder than Florida and pro-life measure was defeated there by close to 20% there.

At this point, I think every state in the union would vote similarly.

The people of the state would…the Pols, not so much.

In the 1840s, what percentage of the population supported slavery because they “weren’t human” and because it was a sizable percentage… were they correct?

Or are some things wrong, regardless of the percentage that think it’s ok?

6 Likes

I’ll argue against abortions morality, but it being decided at the state level is the proper legal course of action. It’s not a federal right, therefore it’s a state issue.

3 Likes

When we’re talking about abortion, reproduction has already happened. The new human life has already been created. All that’s left at that point is continued growth of the child. (Or killing it.)

4 Likes

We can always count on you to cheer for abortion. :+1:

3 Likes

Do you not think the people of Florida should be able to vote on this proposed amendment?

I think they should.

This thread is about ensuring that the PEOPLE get the final say in this matter, not the State Legislature, which is enacting draconian laws which are only supported by a small minority of the population.

Do you fear letting the people decide???

5 Likes