Florida Spike in Cases

“Require”.

Unfriend him.

“Yes.”

There’s the ressentiment.

Or…hear me out…they are concerned about the spread of covid to kids. There has been a marked increase in pediatric covid cases.

Seems rather authoritarian

“If you force your kids to protect themselves, I’ll withhold funding for tools to help educate them”

No doubt. That doesn’t mean people aren’t going to resent it.

Yup. Dude is deaperate to protect his standing with the Red Meat Trumpy “Dont tread on Me it’s my freeberty” crowd.

Apparently it means the governor will try and defund their school district. That’s a lot of “resentment.”

I would suggest it has worked well.

Beyond expectations.

The level of sickness and hospital capacity is non-crisis and with little chance…even Fauci said so yesterday…of becoming one again.

His prerogative.

Are the requirements being imposed arbitrarily? What science supports the imposition?

The vaccine is a miracle of human ingenuity.

It is sad that some choose to waste the opportunity because of willful ignorance.

1 Like

Yup. Should be interesting to see how it goes down. I think the school district will likely fear being sued more than being defunded. It would be fascinating to see if he goes that far.

1 Like

Seems to be an almost (but not quite) uniquely American thing.

Other Western democracies managed to trust their medical bureaucracies and live through “impositions” better than we could.

American Character. Perhaps. Could be because the US is a republic.

Are they? Riots in Australia, France, Germany, England.

I’m not sure what “democracy” has to do with this, these measures aren’t being voted on.

1 Like

Florida schools start back around 8/10. Today is 8/2. Little late to be springing this on them.

Makes it look like the experts don’t know what they’re doing.

Or…the virus has mutated to an extremely contagious variant that is causing an extraordinary rise in cases and hospitalizations and they want to make sure the students are protected.

1 Like

And…

Maybe they should have approved the vaccine for under 12.

…It’s a good idea to have mask mandates in schools where attendance is cumpulsory…