Florida lets freedom ring and removes all Covid restrictions for restaurants

The governor of Florida has removed all restrictions so life can return to normal and regular people can open their small business at full capacity.

Which is great why should only large corporation be open for business.

Gov. DeSantis lifts all COVID-19 restrictions on Florida restaurants

If you believe the initial forecasts then Trump’s quick actions saved 1.8 million Americans…

1 Like

Dangerous and stupid. But please enjoy your hamburger.

The Florida Department of Health reported more than 200 new coronavirus-related deaths Wednesday along with 2,590 new cases. Florida has now seen a total of 690,499 COVID-19 cases.

1 Like

My best friend is not going to be thrilled about this.

Glad to hear it.

The at risk folks should continue to take precautions.

5 Likes

How dare they enjoy their daily lives. :rofl:

1 Like

Well, I won’t be visiting Florida anytime soon. Glad I live on the northern side of Georgia - I like a little buffer between me and all the Covid that is about to unleash upon Florida.

1 Like

Ummm…“Restaurants can now operate at a minimum of 50% capacity”? Doesn’t make sense, does it? Of course it means restaurants can open with a maximum of 50% capacity, which should provide plenty of 6 foot social distancing.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

“Restaurants can now operate at a minimum of 50% capacity – meaning they are fully open. Gov. DeSantis says if local governments try to restrict the reopening of any restaurant, they need state’s approval.”

Damn, big government always getting in the way.

Good on Florida. I hope the rest of the states follow.

If you never get out of the first wave then you can’t have a second one.

8 Likes

Only 170 dead from covid yesterday in Florida and 12% positivity rate.

Great time to open back up.

Just a terrible decision.

Allan

You’re not understanding modeling.

2 million is what was modeled if there were no changes in behavior whatsoever. It’s not a “prediction” that was beaten that makes our response look good.

Check back in a couple months and see how the numbers look.

2 Likes

Maybe he’s trying to bankrupt Medicare using the Ayn Rand model for infectious diseases.

But in all seriousness, it is up to them.

1 Like

For those at risk or just concerned, they will not be required to eat at any restaurant.

4 Likes

Ah.

Phase 3 also states that bars, pubs and nightclubs that derive more than 50 percent of sales from alcohol should operate at full capacity with limited social distancing protocols.

They could have just learned the inevitable painful lesson from afar, by looking at Texas.

Or from Pennsylvania. We shut down early and came through okay and opened the bars and it all went sideways within a month. They’re about to get a rough lesson in just how important bars are to spreading this virus.

1 Like

You seem confused on how viruses work.

1 Like

It’s like wiping your feet on a welcome rug. Wiped feet virus gone