Flood of Humanity - 42

A resounding yes!

Hard to have a discussion with someone who hasn’t actually read the proof provided. Yes it is obvious you hadn’t read it. They compared it to non aca also. They also talked about UE ending. They did not compare one person vrs 2.

the number of people employed is the largest in history
the median maximum UE check is 450/week which works out to 23,400 a year (but with few exceptions they only get it for 26 weeks)
the U-6 UE rate is lower than before covid
i doubt theres many people choosing UE over a job

This is the quote in your post I was responding to initially.

“While supplemental COVID unemployment benefits have mostly expired, the authors found that even with existing unemployment benefits (including Affordable Care Act subsidies), an adult would have to earn more than $80,000 a year from a 40-hour-a-week job to have the same after-tax income as certain families with two
unemployed spouses receiving government benefits”

I don’t see it in the Post opinion piece you posted, but maybe I missed it.

Yes, they do, but all the figures they have in their table are extrapolated to annual totals.

Which is swell.

The point is, the benefit lasts 26 weeks. When the benefits expire, they no onger influencing people not to work.

They say this themselves:

To be clear, unemployment insurance is at least time-limited to six months in most states. But while Americans are receiving those benefits, the financial incentive to jump into the job market is low.

So they agree with me on that point.

The opinion piece might not, but I was responding to your quote:

“While supplemental COVID unemployment benefits have mostly expired, the authors found that even with existing unemployment benefits (including Affordable Care Act subsidies), an adult would have to earn more than $80,000 a year from a 40-hour-a-week job to have the same after-tax income as certain families with two
unemployed spouses receiving government benefits”

That doesn’t seem like a helpful comparison.

Again, in PA, you 13K worth of UE> Sure, they might keep some peope out of work. But once that’s gone…how is UE benefits keeping people from working?

What does that have to do with the effect of cutting government cheese tomorrow and the number of help-wanted signs?

Getting back to the subject of the thread see:

1 Like

Of course you don’t becuse it destroys your argument. Yes they said an adult. But anyone with critical thinking skills would realize the were comparing the amount of money 1 or 10, 60, 100 or however many you want to choose in a family are making was less then 2 spouses on unemployment. But continue with your ignorance act.

The lib dishonesty is getting thicker by the day around here.

1 Like

lit has to do with your premise being wrong.

Quite a bit of my post you didn’t respond to there.

Why is it relevant is one working person makes X and two unemployed people get Y? And also remember that in order for the 2 people to get UE, they both would have to have been working and laid off.

You don’t really understand any of the border issue, do you.

Thanks for jumping i!

This conversation is about the effect of UE benefits on peoples desire to work.

Looking forward to your comments.

This thread is about the invasion at the border.

1 Like

According to you. Without government cheese, the lazy slobs now collecting it would have to either swim or sink.

JWK

There is no “humanitarian crisis” at our southern border as erroneously reported on Fox News. It is an outright invasion of the United States, intentionally orchestrated and perpetuated by the leadership of our tyrannical federal government which includes traitorous, judges, legislators, and our current president of the United States.

Great!

The conversation you jumped in on is about the effect UE benefits have on peoples desire to work.

IIRC this conversation was a branch off a discussion about why people were coming to the USA legally and illegally and why companies and the government didn’t really want to solve that problem.

Thanks for trying.

So why are so many seemingly ok with Biden filling our country with millions upon millions of poverty-stricken, poorly educated, low skilled, diseased, disabled, and criminal foreign nationals? And especially so when a constitutional priority of our federal government is to protect the United States against invasion?

Stop trolling that has been asked and answered numerous times. Sneaky is correct back on subject.

2 Likes

I don’t think there are millions of americans siting at home, not working because UE benefits are so awesome, thereby creating a surge of illegal immigration at our souther border.

I also think there is a real crisis at the border right now and we should be dedicating more resources to process people faster, throwing out the ones who do not meet our legal asylum requirements.

Congress should also revise the laws surrounding immigration and consideration to a permanent title 42 should be given.