Flood of Humanity - 42

Where we at with the next phase of the invasion? Roberts going to let Brandon overrun us?

Nothing?

The strict constructionist position would be that immigration is a Federal issue. I suspect that the court will rule this a political issue, not a court issue.

1 Like

With the holidays quickly approaching I can see a punt on all sides on Title 42.
And this might go deep into the next year. Again this is a hot potato that nobody wants to tackle.

Some of the Texas border towns look like a third world country in video reports about the flood of illegals.

And it would only get worse if 42 is lifted.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing to see here. Mayorkas testified to Congressā€¦under oathā€¦ā€œthe border is secureā€.

1 Like

Fair point. Meanwhile, citizens are seeing their homes destroyed.

In my opinion, this is on Congress.

3 Likes

Indeed. El Paso is in a state of emergency.

2 Likes

Now this

The Big Giant Bill of Party Favors is hung up. 42!

1 Like

Any Republican who votes for this, which has anti-racist funding, is off my list. If they canā€™t draw an absolute line at funding racism, what good are they?

2 Likes

At some point SOMEBODY has to be the adult and start enforcing the rules.

I am sickened by the whole lawless affair and am acutely aware that I am powerless to stop it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not so sure.

The Federal government has sole power over naturalization (who becomes a citizen), but I believe states have substantial power to regulate their borders, to regulate who works there, to regulate who is entitled to government services (such as school.)

In 1823 and 1827 the Supreme court ruled that states had the right to exclude a flood of immigrants setting foot on their soil and demanding to be treated like citizens.

Fifty years later the court reversed that but, so long a law is not race-based, (Chinese exclusion act??) can we say with certainty which set of decisions was correct?

https://www.cato.org/policy-analysis/brief-history-us-immigration-policy-colonial-period-present-day#civil-war-postbellum-expansion

1 Like

Whereā€™s a ā€œwell regulated militiaā€ when you need one?

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen any governor call for the unorganized militia of their state to assemble. Until a governor, or the President, calls for volunteers to assemble, the well regulated (armed) militia is still at home slumbering.

1 Like

Itā€™s all under control says the lying turd Mayorkas butā€¦border agents are not allowed to talk about the numbers. Nowā€¦I wonder why that is? :thinking: :roll_eyes:

https://dailyheadlineslive.com/news/exclusive-dhs-issues-a-gag-order-regarding-migrant-apprehensions-numbers-at-border/

2 Likes

Baghdad Bob syndrome.

Good. This ā€œomnibustā€ is a junk Dimbulbcrat wish list.
ā– ā– ā– ā–  ā€˜em
Come back with a spending bill that benefits Americans.

Mayorkas is about 2 weeks away from perhaps losing the job he is wholly unqualified for and could possibly be indicted for lying before Congress.
Like every other dumb ass decision Alejandro the incompetent makes this one is typically misguided. He has zero respect of the people who do the hard work, heā€™s in the negative now for sure.

Immigration laws areā€¦laws. Not optional things that can or canā€™t be enforced.

And where was this ā€œpolitical issueā€ concept when it came to refusing to let the Presidenā€™t reverse the DACA decision?

1 Like

Congress needs to call about 50 of these agents to open hearings in the House, where they can be required by Congress to testify what is happening at the borders.

2 Likes