First presidential debate to be held in Cleveland 9/29

Complaining about the rules not being fair would not be a surprise. Suppressing his ego and foregoing a chance to humiliate Biden would be a monumental surprise. I don’t think he has it in him.

1 Like

I disagree with the post. First, I don’t think Biden will backout after agreeing. Secondly, the sentence above needs correction to “You know as well as I do his (Trump) belief in himself will compel him to go out on stage and prove to independents what a senile idiot he is.”

.WW, PSHS

1 Like

^
Personally I’d like to see the Debate Committee commit to all 3 events with the following provisions:

(1) If either candidate backs out, the other candidate will still be able to take the state - make a speech and answer submitted town-hall questions.

(2) If both candidates back out, then the event will be held with 3 supporters for each side that will answer questions on behalf of the candidate.
.WW, PSHS

1 Like

I have to think that when Trump became president he really did realize that there are a whole bunch of people who are loads smarter then he is. It is why he will say what a expert he is as often as possible.
I believe that he might be torn on the idea of debating Biden. His ego tells him that he is smarter and can wipe the floor with Biden. However there is a part of him that realizes that Biden is a pretty smart guy and might come across to the voters in a better light.

I like the first one. Not the second. That’s just a Fox News/MSNBC panel debate and we see those every night. They don’t get network broadcasting.

I don’t think Trump is going to take anything for granted. He knows Biden has a lot of support and between his ego and his perceptions of “sleepy Joe”, I don’t believe he’ll hesitate to debate if he thinks he can make Biden look bad. I don’t think he believes he has anything to lose. He must, but he also wants too Bigly…

The topics of the first presidential debate, moderated by Chris Wallace, have been announced:

-COVID-19
-Supreme Court
-Race and Violence
-Election Integrity
-Biden’s record
-Trump’s record
-Economy

https://www.debates.org/2020/09/22/moderator-announces-topics-for-first-presidential-debate-2/

@Piper It doesn’t appear Burisma will make the cut for the first debate anyway.

1 Like

Trump’s America.

It is being reported that Trump is declining the requests from his staff to do debate prep.
And Biden has already said that he is ready if Trump either distorts or lies.
I believe that Trump really does believe that Biden is senile. Big mistake.
One week to go, yea!

I think it’s more that Trump relies on intuition than script.

Well it didn’t work too well in the interview with Jonathan Swan. That was a train wreck.

Has trump agreed to do the debates yet?

My Trump supporter buddy has long been predicting that Biden would announce that he has the “China virus” right before and drop out of the debate .

1 Like

He’s not hurting nobody with them soft dainty hands and he’s definitely not running away.

Solid domestic issues.

Let’s get it on.

Allan

1 Like

I agree. Regardless of Biden’s current mental capacity, Trump should prepare…period.

In order of who I think has the advantage in each topic

Biden
Trump
Biden
Biden
Trump
Biden
Draw

1 Like

We must be buddies? :sunglasses:

Well of course you and I are buddies, but I was talking about someone else; don’t think you’re predicting any such thing

This is from back in April.