First Lady Arrives In McAllen TX

Good for her. I hope she gets the straight story of what is going to happen with a effort to reunite these families.

Watching it right now, this is a propaganda trip.

2 Likes

It certainly is damage control.

That’s all it is.

She did ask up front about learning their plans for reuniting the families. From what I am hearing this morning they will be doing a dance on that question. Word is that HHS has received no marching orders from the white house on the issue. This morning many Mayors from major cities were there. They were not allowed in the facility they visited. The government is still being super secret about what is going on in these facilities. And the Congressmen and Senators that have not been allowed in or have not gotten the information they have asked for are now starting to make this a oversight issue.

sadly this is a damage control photo op…

Apparently she is visiting one of the nicer facilities which is like a dormitory. Jae Johnson was commenting that the conditions there are much different then the intake centers which the kids first experience.

No one is being permitted to see these children being held at these facilities, so I could give two â– â– â– â– â–  if Melania is there or not.

Honestly I can’t be sure that she didn’t just do this on her own hook. If the White House hasn’t bothered to give anyone marching orders, this being planned well doesn’t strike me as likely.

2 Likes

Nah, this is just terrible. Remember when Michelle Obama was trying to raise awareness for those 300 girls that were kidnapped in Africa and how doing so was terrible because…reasons? Well, this is bad just like that. To quote another poster’s comment on the Africa thing: “This makes me wanna puke.”

it just seems too convenient. plus she is visiting the nicer facility.

She is basically never working from the same script as the White House. I dunno.

That’s correct, she’s not visiting the border facility.

The White House has fiddle-fumbled their way through most things this past eighteen months. They completely missed when they issued this policy. And it certainly appears that DHS and HHS are not communicating enough to get this mess back on the rails.

What happened to those girls?

Jake: [fakes accent] How much for the little girl? How much for the women?
Father: What?
Jake: Your women. I want to buy your women. The little girl, your daughters… sell them to me. Sell me your children!

What type of message is her jacket sending?

they are freaking clueless

1 Like

I would guess that she has about as much common sense as her husband.

only way Trump will pay attention to what she says is if that picture ends on fox and friends