Finland is now governed by five women

Vast difference. Ever see a speed limit in Canada posted in MPH? Or a highway sign in the US en anglais et français?
Just for starters mon amis!

Rush. No particular reason other than they’re Canadian

Are you saying there’s a vast difference between the U.S. and Canada but there’s no difference between Finland and Scandinavian countries?

The Guess Who.

Shouldn’t opportunities be earned?

1 Like

Sure, if you like, provided it’s level playing field.

It’s not.

That’s a problem that needs to be addressed.

A vagina with ovaries and uterus and a penis complete with testes for everyone! Yeah!

1 Like

Middle East immigrants have already put the kibosh on that.

Yep … and here you are again … outraged. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually the culture, and to a large extent the language< of northern Norway, Sweden and Finland are more alike than the culture between the northern and southern parts of each of those countries. I’m not sure about the genetics, but I would not be surprised if that was more similar too.

The culture of Alaska and northern and western Canada are more similar than the culture of Alaska and the lower 48. When I was a young man traveling about the world, everyone whom I met thought I was Canadian … well except for one mixed up expat Canadian who thought I was English. :wink:

Hurray! A complete diversion from the topic goes full circle and lands back on topic. :smile:

1 Like

Equal opportunity does not mean level playing field. Everyone has assets that other lack and everyone lacks assets that other have. They all have the opportunity to compete, but they all will not win because some will be better at it than they are.

Samm, I appreciate you feeling the need to find me on every thread and respond. I feel very valued.

Can you you show me where I was outraged on this thread? My one and only comment on this thread is quoted above. I’d be interested in how you discern outrage there.

If you’re talking about Sami languages in the north, then yes, you have a point but the Sami aren’t Norwegian, Swedish or even Finnish. Although the Sami are related to the Finns.

The Sami homeland includes the northern parts of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia.

Sami languages are part of the Uralic family of languages as are Finnish, Estonian and Hungarian. Also included are Samyod and Nanets.

(And Mari, who include in their number our friend Putin.)

Outwardly Finland appears to be much like the Scandinavian countries due to their close proximity but genetically and culturally Finns are a distinct group tracing their ancestry to Ural mountains in Central Asia.

Government?

Nah, that wouldn’t work out. It needs to be societal.

You think any society seeks a level playing field?