Finland is now governed by five women

not only is the new Prime Minster a woman but all five parties that make up her coalition government are led by woman and all but one of them is under 35.

Thirty-four-year-old Social Democrat Sanna Marin took office in Finland on Tuesday as the world’s youngest serving prime minister, heading a coalition with four other parties led by women, all but one of them under 35.

Marin won the confidence of parliament with 99 votes in favor and 70 against.

She replaced Antti Rinne, who resigned last week after the Centre Party, one of the members of governing center-left coalition, said it had lost confidence in him over his handling of a postal strike.

“I want to build a society in which every child can become anything and in which every human being can live and grow old with dignity,” Marin wrote on Twitter.

2 Likes

Least they arent a teen talking about climate change…

So no biscuits in Finland for a while.

No, just more listless politics forum posting.

1 Like

So the men in Finland said: “Screw it let the women try to figure this ■■■■ out, let’s go fishing”

2 Likes

Finnish culture is probably more open to gender equality than most other European cultures. This is likely due to the harsh environment, low population and the relative isolation of the people. Everyone needed to contribute in order to survive.

Also, unlike other European languages (outside of other Uralic languages) Finnish is gender neutral. There is no he/she there is only han.

Not surprisingly, Finland was the first country the Europe to give women the vote. So having women at the head of government is not a big deal.

1 Like

sigh My best line ever, but sadly borrowed - from the Daily Show I think. :frowning:

Is it a problem for you that Pence refuses to be alone with women other than his wife?

Do you also criticize those who require the door be left open to a common area when meeting with a woman?

How about men who don’t shake hands with women?

2 Likes
  1. Sincerely don’t give a single, solitary ■■■■■
  2. See 1.
  3. See 1.

I do, however, steal relatively mild and inoffensive jokes about folks who do those things IF they happen to be the vice president.

1 Like

I find the joke very offensive. On his behalf. I don’t really know much about the man, but I do admire his dedication to his convictions and his respect for his woman.

It would do us all good to be more formal in our dealings with one another.

That I can appreciate. And I apologize, on behalf of the anonymous writer who created the joke originally. On my own account, I stand by the post as, IMO, mild and inoffensive to most. And if I’m wrong about that, well, I’ll probably not lose sleep over it :wink:

So not interested in intellectual and interesting discussion. Got it.

Sometimes. Not in this particular instance.

1 Like

Well let’s just hope those women don’t spend too much time together. If their menses sync up, there could be real trouble. :wink:

1 Like

That’s an interesting phenomenon that dumb arse me never knew until my pre-menopause wife clued me in She and our two teen age daughters were all “synched up” and it got hairy around here to say the least. Lot of time in the garage or on the field with the boys!
I’m sure someone here has a scientific explanation for why but brother it’s real.

What in the Hell is gender equality?

Men and women are different, not equal.

The concept of what’s good for one is goid for another has done more harm for a majority of women than good.

■■■■ gender equality!

1 Like

Is it wrong to give men and women equal opportunities?

In this case, probably not.

But seriously, why in the case of the thread title give a damn?

Really.

Did these individuals—man, woman, trans—run and win legitimately? Win by a majority?

Were results legitimate?

Will a majority of Finns be willing to live with whatever the consequences of there leadership are?

If the answer to all of these questions is yes, than why care that they’re all female?

In other instances, as in combat operations in the military, or when women are given extra points on qualifying exams strictly for being women, than no, they should not have that opportunity.

https://www.ask.com/slideshow/unbelievable-facts-legendary-viking-culture

Here is an article I found looking for something else which would explain more women being considered in roles outside the home in Scandinavian society.

Which backs up if the five women in the O P won fair and square, and a majority of Finns can live with the consequences of their leadership, or vote them out at the next election, why care how many of them are female?

What impact will this have on the Swedish Bikini Team?

1 Like