Finally, a sane ruling by a court

People used to be able to figure that out when paying bills by check. Don’t want a late fee on the credit card? Yup, people mailed in their check well in advance to avoid the penalties.

I can’t imagine it being very difficult to do the same with a ballot.

2 Likes

You’re right. I should know exactly how long it takes the Postal Service to deliver my mail. That’s my responsibility.

Please define “well in advance”. Be specific.

I used to mail mine bills in 7-10 days in advance. Never got dinged for a late payment.

1 Like

and yet i do not defend everything he does and have criticized the things i don’t agree with. funny that

1 Like

It is interesting one of the things in the houses 3.3 trillion coronavirus stimulus package is to eliminate the need for voter ID to vote in all states. Not really sure how this relates to people needing money from the coronavirus, but ok.

2 Likes

So if I mail in a ballot 10 days in advance and it arrives late, that’s still my fault?

you’re problem. not the states

yes. you made the choice to use the mail.

2 Likes

Yeah, when he puts both feet in his mouth. Anyhow, enough about personal stuff. Let the record show it was not me who drew first blood. :blush:

If you’re worried about it, drive it down to a ballot box.

2 Likes

nope, there are more than a couple issues i do not agree with him on. nothing to do with some of the stupid things he says

Sounds good. I’ll let our service men and women overseas know about that.

Don’t forget the elderly and disabled!

They don’t have the same choice you have, do they?

So, that is an apples and oranges argument.

Are you saying all elderly and disabled are home bound?

spent 11 years in service. always mailed my ballot in well before it had to be. do i know it arrived and was counted? no, i don’t. that’s the risk you take when you choose to vote by mail.

2 Likes

Sounds like a risk we could easily avoid by allowing ballots to arrive after Election Day as long as they are postmarked by a certain deadline.

Or we could throw our hands up in the air and accept mediocrity in our voting system.

nope, there are no special voting rights imbued by a post box.

a post box is not a ballot box. either your vote goes in the ballot box by the time the polls close, or its not a legal vote.

Sounds like you are firmly on the side of “throwing you hands up in the air.”