Female athlete complains about competing against transgender males

Not in my lifetime. Alaska (my neck of the woods) enacted its Equal Rights law in 1947.

Your post concerns me.

Because, you forgot mental health, physical health. So many SJWs gloss over the fact that people with mental disabilities (and even physical disabilities) were thrown into insane asylums and “schools for the retarded” where they were stripped naked, crapped and pissed themselves, and beaten. Given lobotomies, raped, and other things. Some people died in these facilities.

Yet liberals want to be ableist and abort Downs babies, and use ableist insults like “retard,” “slow,” etc. And it’s not getting as much awareness as other minorities.

When you fight for everyone, please get back to me about social justice.

I know that. The question is transgendered from what to what. Depending on how one reads the words, a transgender man could be a woman charged into a man or a man that changed into a woman. I know you woke people (note the gender neutral pronoun) have it fixed in your mind, but those of us who are on the outs with you folks (another neutral pronoun) it’s not at all obvious.

Same-sex marriage wasn’t recognized in Alaska until 2014.

I don’t really understand what this has to do with what I wrote, but I assure you I’m aware of dark history of mental health treatment.

I’m not responsible for what liberals say, but the people I know and most left wingers who I follow online try to avoid ableist slurs, especially the r-word. I consider it just as bad as the t-word slur for transgender people and transexuals.

1 Like

You understand that transgender people want to be considered the gender that they identify as, right? It’s that, prefaced with trans.

It’s really not that complicated I understand that you want trans people to be treated fairly I agree. It only gets into uncharted territory when any group regardless
of past grievances are given and advantage.

Unfortunately most physical sports is one of those things that former male athletes are going to have and advantage over a female athlete.

One can treat trans people fair and equal in life without tearing apart traditional sports. A trans league or even a few trans matches would be and improvement over allowing trans to compete against women. It’s just unfair because regardless if a man transitions to a woman the woman who was born a biological woman.

I want what you want it only gets into shaky territory when it comes to combative sports or transitioning minors. Other than those two things I think most people are fine with trans people we have lived among them forever and the vast majority of times people are nice and don’t wish or do harm to them.

That’s right and matching a woman against a man, no matter if this man now considers themselves a woman is not fair…period.

This is based on assumptions though. I’m just saying match them on ability, not assumed ability because of their sex or gender.

That will never fly because most transgendered people don’t want to be considered “othered”.

You’re assuming. There are plenty of men out there who would get their ass kicked by a female MMA fighter. Therefore it logically follows that there are men and women out there that all fall along a scale of from loosing to an MMA female to beating her.

Are the physical differences between a trans woman and a cis woman unmeasurable?

You are both correct. Now we have this jackass. A former Army special operator who is now making his living beating up girls. She (his opponent), has been fighting for ten years and her superior skills are obvious. But she simply cannot over power a man with basic skills. Somebody is going to get killed.

Piers Morgan says MMA fight with trans athlete made him ‘sick’ | Sports News | The Christian Post

So? The unmarried couples regardless of sex had the same rights.

I think you are confusing Rights with benefits.

What they want vs. what they get is their problem, not mine. I am under no obligation to provide them with what they want.

Prior to 2014 in Alaska same-sex couples lack the right to have their marriages officially recognized by the state of Alaska.

One advantage trans women have over cis women, even after transitioning, is height. People assigned male at birth are going to be 5’9+, typically.

Asked and answered. Move on.

Because Obama was still against Gay marriage.

1 Like

Girls vs Eunuchs…

I think you’re missing the point of my post. It has nothing to do with providing them what they want… its just providing an easy way to understand the appropriate terms to use.

Yes, I provided a right they lacked. Move on.