Federal judge orders DACA restored and to accept new applicants

DACA recipients, as well as all illegal immigrants are obligated to register for the draft.

Obligated? Can I see the words “legally required under penalty of law” instead?

2 Likes

You should have read the whole thing. They are required ( and I stand corrected on that point) but they will not be caught if they don’t. That is codified in this little insert in what you posted.

Undocumented Immigrants

We do not now, or in the past, collect or share any information which would indicate a man’s immigration status, either documented or undocumented. Selective Service has no authority to collect such information, has no use for it, and it is irrelevant to the registration requirement. Consequently, there is no immigration data to share with anyone.

Furthermore… if DACA recipients did not sign up, show me that they have been or will be penalized as shown below.

What Happens If You Don’t Register for Selective Service

If you are required to register and you don’t, you will not be eligible for federal student aid, federal job training, or a federal job. You may be prosecuted and face a fine of up to $250,000 and/or jail time of up to five years. If you’re an immigrant to the U.S., you will not be eligible for citizenship.

And yet they get student aid and will - under leftist law if it is passed - be granted citizenship. Show me one who was fined for not signing up. One.
Stop pretending that the illegals are all contributing citizens.

1 Like

basically the judge ruled that trumps acting secretary had no more authority to change the DACA rules than you or I

he wasnt legally in the job. therefore ANY action he took can be considered null and void.
maybe trump shouldnt have tried to make an end run around confirmation
chad wold should be forced to repay any salary he took while illegally in the job

Wait! You mean us taxpayers had to fund the wall? But I swear he ran in 2016 on Mexico paying for it.
Jeez, no wonder America rejected him after only 4 years. He sucked at keeping his promises.

The issue was whether the original executive order was valid. If it was not, then it doesn’t matter what Wolf did or whether it was legal, as far as DACA goes.

deport

The law was if you came here illegally from Mexico you could be deported immediately. And as you can see, Obama set records doing that. If you came here illegally from another country other then Mexico you had to go through the court system. A big problem is that 40% of illegals come here via other routes then over the border and overstay their visas. And when Trump was told this he didn’t believe it and so he never did anything different about it.

And you voted for him because he said that … right?

But it was, because they followed the notice and comment process of the APA. Whereas Wolf trying to get rid of it would be illegal whether he followed the law or not, because he’s not in a position to make those decisions (legally).

What is the factual basis for your estimate, then?

1 Like

I voted against him because I knew that was a bold faced lie and the idiot has zero clue about how government runs.

SCOTUS can reverse itself or rule on some finer points. Ginsburg is dead. Remember?

He can’t.

I like outsiders … regular citizens in positions of leadership. You prefer insiders? Long time politicians?

Right… like executive orders are toothless.

1 Like

The question was whether the original EO was valid. And no, they followed no such procedure, but that isn’t the big question. Is the EO in compliance with our laws on immigration. One lower court said yes, it was legal. Another (I think 5th circuit) said no, it wasn’t. The SC voted 4 to 4 on this. It was a tie so lower court decisions held without a decision being made from the higher court.
The court is no longer 8, it is 9.

1 Like

Well maybe Trump should have COUNTED them!

This claim has been debunked so many times I get sad you guys still try and trot it out there.

Obama did not spike deportations. He didn’t deport more than any other president.

The agency tracking deportations changed the way they counted deportations. They started counting people who were turned around at the border checkpoints as deportations where in the past checkpoint turn arounds were not counted. It was a policy change that had nothing to do with anything Obama did, or didn’t, do.

1 Like