FDA Closes All Life Saving Monoclonal Antibody Treatment Sites

Sure it does. The manufacturer’s agree that monoclonal antibody treatment does not work on omicron. The use of MAT as a mass treatment for all positive COVID is therefore medically unsupported. On the other hand, as noted elsewhere here, MAT is effective on Delta variant. The FDA rule therefore preserves the treatment for those who actually need it, and disallows the use at mass treatment sites, but not as individually prescribed for Delta and other non-omicron variants.

1 Like

So the problem is mass treatment sites.

Got it…

So, my minister’s wife may die, along with many others because WHAT?

1 Like

The minister’s wife is vaccinated. She’s still gravely ill.

1 Like

If your Minister’s wife is sick, and her doctors believe that monoclonal antibody treatments will help her, he can prescribe them.

The fact that state-run walk in clinics are closed does not change that.

1 Like

It saved my wife & myself a month ago. We was near death.

They don’t know who has either one.

4 Likes

They asked, was told no.

1 Like

The problem is the undifferentiated use on a mass scale for variants where there is no medical justification. By the way, I note that this only applies to two MAT’s and not to the one that is effective against omicron.

Then that likely means her doctors believe that mAB treatments wouldn’t help her.

The hospitals don’t have any here…wonder why?

1 Like

Where is “here?”

Southern Ohio, there was plenty a week ago.

They’re in high demand. Why do you think they’ve run out?

This is from one week ago:

As far as i know, it was always reserved for the most at risk. Now it’s none here. They gave it to us due to comorbidities. But the minister’s wife is about the same as us.

Why do you think that is?

Your OP is about Florida, by the way.

No.
I am reading and relying on what the experts are asserting, vs an anecdote by an anonymous person on the web.

At your insurance company there are a group of people whose sole job is to figure out ways to deny a claim. What are those people called?

1 Like

It works with Delta… not with Omicron.

In a month, Omicron has become the dominant strain.

Cheers to your recovery.

CEOs?

WW

2 Likes