Favoring Islam in NY

New York is feeding Muslims! Didn’t you read the article?

Do you feel anyone is getting preferential treatment?

Yeah I’d imagine a Christian could get a Halel meal just the same if they requested it.

No. He has done nothing of the sort.

Again, please read the OP, and try to post on-topic.

As are many “Christians” and Orthodox Jews.

New York City will begin providing free kosher meals as an expansion of its Grab & Go food program after city council members demanded the mayor on Monday.

Starting Tuesday, April 21, kosher-observant New Yorkers can get three meals a day at 10 sites in Brooklyn and Queens out of the 400 sites across the five boroughs, the Department of Education said.

“To date, we’ve served 4.5 million meals and are now proud to offer kosher, halal, and vegetarian meals to meet the needs of our diverse City for the duration of this crisis,” Schools Chancellor Richard A. Carranza said in a statement.

Is this ok with you? Your OP is really offensive, and Western Journal is a vile website.

The Western Journal is a news and opinion website with story selection that always favors the right and is negative toward the left. There is frequent use of moderately loaded language in headlines such as this: The Clinton State Department’s Major Security Breach That Everyone Is Ignoring . The Western Journal typically sources their information to credible media outlets, though story selection and wording usually spin information favorably to the right. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/western-journalism/

Not that there is anything left or right about this story. The gist is NYC takes care of hungry people of all faiths. What’s your beef with that?

[/quote]

Yeah I’d imagine a Christian could get a Halel meal just the same if they requested it.
[/quote]

And it would be delicious. If you visit NYC after the virus, try The Halal Guys food trucks- you will have to wait in line, though.

I don’t have a beef with anyone getting fed.

In rereading the article—really am not familiar with the site to have a favorable or negative opinion of it—it’s the threatening attitude Mayor deBlasio showed Jews and Christians in threatening to shudder churches and synagogues.

He lamented that Christians and Jews couldn’t celebrate Easter and Passover as usual—yet continues to state “Ramadan is a very important holiday.”

It is, but Easter and Passover are important to Jewish and Christian faithful. It isn’t the gesture of feeding where, IMO, bias is shown, but in the menacing attitude he shows Jews in Christians in threatening to permanently shudder their places of worship, where he mentions no such gesture against mosques.

That was my point. States should be neutral with regards to religion.

Mosques in New York are closed, too. Not just Synagogues and Churches. Muslims aren’t celebrating Ramadan normally either.

ALL houses of worship are closed.
Here is diBlasio’s statement on Passover: Statement from Mayor Bill de Blasio on Passover | City of New York

You are wrong.

Maybe. It is a meal for an Islamic holiday. He seems more enthusiastic about supporting Islam. Personally I’m not all that offended. He’s not actually hurting anyone. It’s the general double standard that I have a problem with.

For example. Have you ever heard a liberal call someone one the right a homophobe? Of course you have. Some are, some are not. Have you ever heard a liberal brand the entire right as homophobic? Again, of course.

Next question. Have you ever heard a liberal claim that anyone, or anything Islamic is homophobic? Maybe, but it is incredibly rare. Forbidden. Negative comments regarding Islam are against the rules and will not be tolerated by the left. That’s my issue. The inconsistency.

1 Like

No. That is not what a Halel meal is. It is a method of preparation

There is no double standard

2 Likes

Like a Kosher meal for Islam?

Yes, exactly. In most ways, the rules of halal are the same or similar to the rules of kashrut.

In fact, many imams suggest to their congregants to seek out kosher food, in places where there are no halal butchers.

1 Like

Somewhat but different. Kosher meals are served as well, is that a double standard?

1 Like

Okay. Fair enough. When was the last time anyone on the left claimed the right was homophobic? When was the last time anyone on the left claimed Islam was homophobic?

And BOOM! :boom:

There’s your double standard. :sunglasses:

Please, do try to stay on topic. As a courtesy to the OP.

All of the right and all of Islam? Um never? Are there elements of both that are homophobic? Yes